HELP 8 weeks post op from RNY and having a really hard time.

poet_kelly
on 9/29/14 3:28 am - OH

There is a way to get an IV to get you hydrated.  Your doctor can order one or you can go to the ER if you think you are dehydrated and they will give you IV fluids.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tigerdmw
on 9/29/14 4:33 am

I've been thinking about that all day.  I've worked in medicine and animal care for years.  My old dr would have just given me a couple set ups and I could have done them myself but they don't know me here.  I just asked a friend who works at a vet office if she can get me a set up, waiting to hear from her now.  If not I may have to spend a few hours in the ER.  :(

NYMom222
on 9/29/14 5:31 am, edited 9/29/14 5:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 8 weeks out, and am so sorry to hear of all your distress. I am not comparing myself to what you are going through, but it is still a struggle to know what to eat, and I still get nauseous. So that does happen at 8 weeks even when you are having an uneventful recovery. I struggle with my water, and I find if I keep a 16oz water bottle by my bed and start drinking it as soon as I awake, and don't eat anything until it is finished, I do better. It is easier to drink the water with no food in my system. I've been using the Genepro unflavored protein powder. (bought off Amazon)It doesn't smell bad, and 1 TBSP = 30g protein. Most powders you need a 1/4 cup. The smaller quantities make it easier to mix into things, and you can mix into hot as well. Soup and soft things are still the easiest. Today I made some tomato soup and mixed the protein powder into it. It works. When I've vomited, for me, it's usually because: food is too dry, ate too fast, didn't chew well enough. I would keep a food and water diary so the doc can really see what is going on. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kathyjs
on 9/29/14 8:44 am

People don't like it when I tell it straight. Honey ,mayo on the salad? Acid in the tomatoes so much natural sugar in :fruit...protein girl!! Cottage cheese, milk egg, food is now something to nourish your body. It will be boring but sooo worth it

hammonds99
on 10/2/14 3:12 pm

I can feel your pain.  I had a leak th.at kept me in the hospital for 11 days.  Now I have a smaller than normal pouch.  Food is more of an enemy than a friend.  Fluids are a whole different problem.  I can only drin**** cold beverages, protein shakes make me heave.  I am so super sensitive to everything I am currently living on gordons grilled talapia and ranch beans, the occasional shrimp.  I can only tolerate  crystal light lemonade.  I know if someone says it will get better one more time I may scream.  I honestly dont have any advice since I spent last night in the ER with dehydration.  I  know what is done is done, so I just make the best of it.  I am fortunate my MD is super supportive.  Hang in there is the only advice I have.