Vitamin Reccomendation

Brownsuga19321
on 9/28/14 2:38 pm, edited 9/28/14 3:18 pm
VSG on 09/30/14 with

Good question... just noticed that... i m gonna email her n find out why?

Mojo268
on 9/28/14 7:57 am

I saw some on line that are named cookies and creme, raspberry surprise and they are chewable. I wondered if anyone had any experience with them? I am also looking for a plain, non-soy based protein poweder to mix in my soup. Starting the cream soup phase right away. Any thoughts?

Appreciate it.

MoJo268

Mojo268
on 9/28/14 7:57 am

I saw some on line that are named cookies and creme, raspberry surprise and they are chewable. I wondered if anyone had any experience with them? I am also looking for a plain, non-soy based protein poweder to mix in my soup. Starting the cream soup phase right away. Any thoughts?

Appreciate it.

MoJo268

NYMom222
on 9/28/14 3:26 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I have been using (found it on these forums) Genepro unflavored whey protein powder -  mixes no problem in hot, sometimes just put it in my tea or coffee. I also like that 1 TBSP=30g protein. Most powders you need 1/4 cup and that is so much harder to mix into things.  I bought it on Amazon, but they have a website too. Depending what I am putting it in sometimes I only use a teaspoon. Good Luck!

http://www.amazon.com/Musclegen-Research-Genepro-Genetic-Tri-Protein/dp/B00K6OSDYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411968291&sr=8-1&keywords=genepro+musclegen

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

UltimateMia
on 9/28/14 3:18 pm

Any thoughts on liquid vitamins? I don't have surgery date yet, still doing labs, etc, but I know I'll need to take vitamins.  I have trouble with swallowing most vitamins and thought liquid might be a good alternative.

poet_kelly
on 9/29/14 3:42 am - OH

Liquids are fine if you can find a liquid multi that has everything we need.  Many don't.  Same with calcium - make sure you find a liquid calcium citrate, not tricalcium phosphate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

democar51x3
on 9/29/14 11:06 pm - east bridgewater, MA
VSG on 09/17/14

I was having a hard time swallowing the calcium citrate chews , my doctor told me to crush my regular cal. Cit. Pills and mix in my food or shakes so I bought a pill crusher at cvs , it works great .

misleidy
on 9/30/14 3:52 pm - Chino Hills, CA

After twelve years out, I still use celebrate vitamins and I haven't had an issue with my labs.  :)   Best to you,

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/misleidy_group
Cathy Olvera 
OH Support Group Leader   
Bariatric University-Bariatric Coach

Cherokeesage
on 10/14/14 3:32 am
RNY on 02/24/12

My digestive system is only happy when I use liquids or chewable vitamins so I have used several different brands.  Presently, my favorite is Bari Melts.  The company  introduced them at the 2013 Obesity Action Coalition Conference and finally marketed them this year.  I like them because they melt in my mouth.  Prior to and after surgery, I  ordered sample vitamins online from several vendors in addition to picking up samples at the OAC conference.  There are several companies selling Bariatric Vitamins so you can do an internet search and see where you can get samples to try.    The chewables that I can remember using are Building Blocks, Celebrate,  Bariatric Advantage and TWINLAB Bariatric Support.  I know I've tried others but would have to see the actual brands to remember.  I have also tried powder forms that are mixed in water, juice, etc.   I switch my vitamins up as I get tired of the same thing but I make sure that I take them and thus far have good labs.  If I could handle over the counter pill form that would be my first choice as that is the best value. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.