Plateaued Already! 23 days out

kimmy1978
on 9/26/14 1:01 pm

Thank you for responding. I hope things get better for you soon. 

Amy R.
on 9/26/14 9:35 pm

Well, in some ways I think most of us have been "in your shoes" in that we have reached plateaus and stalls during our most active weight loss phase - our 'honeymoon' period.

Not sure how many have been in your shoes losing almost a pound a day for 23 days.  That's incredible! 

Truly?  I wouldn't worry about any of the stalls you're likely to have.  After losing weight rapidly for several days or a week or two, our bodies sometimes need to catch up with themselves.  It's hard work to lose weight; and, you are just barely over three weeks out of some major surgery. 

The best advice I have is that after a stall  lasting more than a week, maybe try adding more protein to your diet.  That always worked for me anyway.

Best of luck to  you on your journey.  Sounds to me like you're doing great! =)

kimmy1978
on 9/29/14 3:24 am

Thank you for your support. 

raine480
on 9/27/14 3:10 am - Parkville, MD

Yes! Try some low impact exercise and be careful about snacks. We post ops know that even too much water in beginning can cause serious problems down the road! We have all been there. Eight years post op and I fluctuate between 135-145 lbs. Pre op weight 230 lbs. Best of luck!

kimmy1978
on 9/29/14 3:25 am

Thank you, that sounds hopeful. 

Chilipepper
on 9/27/14 4:06 am

Track what you are eating. If you aren't eating enough your loss could stall. You are so early out your body is probably catching up.  When I had my Rny years ago I would only lose 1 week a month. The my body would catch up after that. It would be dramatic losses. Are you walking. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

kimmy1978
on 9/29/14 3:28 am

Yes, I walk. However, it feels like I am not doing enough to lose the weight. Like I need to start running now, or something. 

MsBatt
on 9/29/14 4:11 am
On September 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM Pacific Time, kimmy1978 wrote:

Yes, I walk. However, it feels like I am not doing enough to lose the weight. Like I need to start running now, or something. 

No, what you need to be doing right now is HEALING. Exercise is important in keeping us healthy, but it's really not a big factor in losing weight. That's pretty much all diet, and you're doing just fine like things are. Don't rush things and hurt yourself.

nikkir70
on 9/28/14 11:09 am

Same scenario here!! Had sleeve on 9/2/14 , lost about 6lbs on pre op diet and about 10 during 1st week after..started on mushy foods 7 days after surgery..have not lost a pound since!!..and I can pretty much each anything already even tho I'm trying not to. I almost wish my Dr. had told me to stay on liquid for a month!....I'm like "of course, I am the one person that this didn't work for!" LOL  Hopefully it's just newbie panic. Most people on here don't want to hear it, I think they only like positive posts, but hopefully this is just the way it is in the beginning and it will kick into gear soon :) Good luck!

kimmy1978
on 10/1/14 4:43 am

I honestly feel that as soon as your body gets more than liquids, it immediately halts on the involuntary weight loss. I lost weight right up to the day I ate food. It's just something that people need to hear, that way we can expect the outcome.