A lighter me TJ Mexico

Msilver1127
on 9/25/14 7:03 am

Anyone use a lighter me in TJ. Please let me know your experience. Starting to freak out. 

tstowe
on 9/25/14 11:25 am

Why are you freaking out?

Msilver1127
on 9/25/14 11:45 am

Being in another country, not being around my family, am I making the right decision. I know I have to do it. I need to take out my lap band and my insurance won't cover anything. 

jenorama
on 9/25/14 12:53 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Check out The World According to Eggface. She had her surgery in Mexico and has written about her experience on her blog. 

Jen

tstowe
on 9/26/14 2:37 am
On September 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM Pacific Time, Msilver1127 wrote:

Being in another country, not being around my family, am I making the right decision. I know I have to do it. I need to take out my lap band and my insurance won't cover anything. 

I can't speak about TJ... and honestly, the super low cost of the places there kinda scared me but my wife and I did it at the Mexicali Bariatric Center in Mexico. We went together but I wouldn't hesitate to say you couldn't go there by yourself. They have a driver that picked us up at the airport...took us to the hospital for blood work...then to a hotel room for the night...then back to the hospital for surgery. When it was all over, he took us back to the airport.

The day after our surgery a woman from Minnesota arrived for surgery. She was in her early 60's and she was alone.

As far as being in another country... The drive spoke English. The surgeons and nurses spoke English. Heck, everyone at the hotel spoke English. We really didn't know we were in Mexico. One night nurse wasn't proficient in English but my conversations with her were minimal. Mostly just "Hola" as I passed by doing my walking.

Member Services
on 9/26/14 1:08 am - Irvine, CA

Your concerns are understandable and normal.  Check out the article on the OH blog

angel720
on 9/26/14 8:56 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I think the country should not be the main concern, just make sure you are  going to a godo place, I did not go there personally but my experience with my surgery in Mexico was excellent. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center