Over 8 years out!!!!

welty
on 9/24/14 11:45 pm - Foothill Ranch, CA

Just wanted to check in....it's been quite a while.  I am over 8 years out from RNY with Dr. Quebbeman.  Initially, I lost over 100lbs.  I kept it all off for 5 years or so, then my weight started to fluctuate a bit.  But, I am currently 90 lbs. less than I was on June 28th, 2006, my "birthday".  This was truly one of the best decisions I have every made for myself.  It has had a huge impact on me physically as well as emotionally.  If you are still on the fence,  let me just say that Dr. Q as well as the whole NEW Program staff were just great.  At the time I had Kaiser Insurance and had absolutely no problem with the approval.  Surgery was perfect, post-op was textbook and the weight loss was rapid.  Unfortunately, we moved out of the state a few years ago so I no longer am "followed", but if you have any doubts, I can truly say that I would definitely recommend this to my best friend or a family member in a heartbeat!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;33;3;0;1/c/202/t/132/s/232/k/3612/weight.png">>
Bette B.
on 9/25/14 12:46 am

As of December 2, I'll be eleven years out from Lap Banding, and still down over 170 pounds. It's the best thing I could have done for myself. i know that if I HADN'T done it, I wouldn't be alive right now. And I would do it again in a New York minutes!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

dirtgirl
on 9/26/14 7:12 am

hi i m looking for peoples experiences with lap band and if they had any problems can u help

Kate -True Brit
on 9/25/14 4:17 am - UK

Just two months longer than you!  And like you and Bette, it was one of the best decisions I ever made! In May 2006, I was clinically obese, had very high blood pressure, had had two attacks of atrial fibrillation and felt physically and psychologically down.  By June 2007, my BMI was normal, my bp fine, my self-esteem is good. Without my surgery I would now be enormous, in bad health, unhappy! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,