Pain in my right upper abdomen?

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/14 10:48 pm

I am 4 years old from my RNY. In the past 6 months, I have had an aching pain in my upper right abdomen. It barely hurt for the most part, it was just bothersome. Now in the past 2 weeks, the pain has gotten much worse & becomes even worse when I eat. It feels like a gall bladder attack...except I had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago. I know that gall bladder issues are common after bariatric surgery, but can you continue to have stones after your gall bladder is gone? I went to the ER last week & they did a CT scan & said everything looked normal & sent me home. I called my PCP & they said that they aren't an acute care facility, so I need to go back to the ER if I'm in that much pain. I'm at a loss for what to do. Any ideas?

Vivian Prouty
on 9/24/14 11:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I'd call and get into see your bariatric surgeon.    Maybe it's a hernia or maybe a ulcer.    I'm guessing.   With RNY you can get hernias at the surgery site or in your intestines.   I'm almost 9 yrs. post op and I've had to have 2 intestional hernia's repaired and trust me...they hurt.   I'd get it checked out and praying it's nothing serious.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Bette B.
on 9/25/14 12:48 am

Annnnnnndddd. . . . she's gone!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Amy R.
on 9/25/14 3:50 pm, edited 9/25/14 3:50 pm

Is it just me Bette or does it seem to you like we're seeing a lot of "deactivate member" statuses lately? I can't even figure out why the person does it  in most of the threads anymore.  I certainly don't see where anyone has been mean or even sarcastic in this thread.  The same thing happened here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/5272024/WLS-help/#442 38548

That (deactivating) and deleting posts absolutely drive me nuts.  I'll probably end up wishing I'd never said this but I think it would be better if we weren't allowed to delete posts.  It makes the whole thread confusing. And I know it's NOMB, but I kind wish that folks had to give a reason for "deactivating".  The "stalkerish" side of me wants to know what happened ;)

edited to add:  I guess the possibility exists that the person was confronted on another thread or in a pm?  Of course the possibility also exists that I have entirely too much time on my hands....

Bette B.
on 9/26/14 11:39 am

It makes me lose my mind. If you bother to ask a question, why would you not bother to wait around a damned minute for an answer?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Amy R.
on 9/26/14 9:06 pm

^^^  exactly.

Gwen M.
on 9/25/14 3:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I suggest finding a new PCP that will actually order tests.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)