upper back shoulder pain after egd

C H
on 9/24/14 2:47 am

is this the gas pain everyone is talking about post op? thank goodness for my heating pad.

Member Services
on 9/24/14 3:40 am - Irvine, CA

I know this sounds like a canned response but check with your surgeon to make sure.  Give them a call.....

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 4:14 am - OH

No.  I don't know what would be causing shoulder and gas pain after an EGD so I'd call your doc and ask.

When you have laproscopic surgery, they pump gas into your abdominal cavity to make more room in there for the surgeon to work.  Kind of like blowing up a balloon.  That's the gas pain people talk about post op.  But they don't do that for an EGD.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tracy D.
on 9/24/14 5:46 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Often times shoulder pain can be "referred" pain from something else that's going on.  It certainly could be related to your EGD (although it's not common) but I would definitely call your doctor to double-check this.  

Sometimes people get referred pain in the shoulder from gallbladder problems...and even heart problems (but don't freak out over that one!).  Call your doctor to double-check and let us know what you find out.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

C H
on 9/24/14 5:57 am

thank you, when i got discharged the nurse said i might have excess gas, bloating, it has gone away after drinking hot tea and burping a lot, but i did leave  a message to them just in case. 

Brownsuga19321
on 9/26/14 2:03 pm
VSG on 09/30/14 with

When I had mines done, I experienced some back n shoulder pain too but after a day or so it went away. .. if it's constant they go check it out!