XPOST: Plastic Surgery Tomorrow! Plus Pics of Excess Skin After Losing Almost 250 lbs!...

Nikke2003
on 9/23/14 11:36 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Tomorrow is THE day - plastic surgery! I'm so excited, but on Monday evening, I have to admit that I started to get a bit anxious and nervous about the upcoming procedures. I've been looking forward to this day for a long time and it felt as though it would never get here. Which, when you think about it, is ridiculous because I'm having plastics done pretty much as early as a person could after having weight loss surgery and losing a lot of weight. I just feel fortunate that I have the opportunity to have these procedures in the first place.

I'm excited, but also worried. What if something happens? What if there are complications? What if I don't like my results - not because the surgeon didn't do a great job... but because I'll never truly be happy with what my body looks like? I really hope that isn't the case. I've tried to have realistic expectations throughout the plastics consults, but of course there is a part of me that dreams of a body that looks a certain way that just might not be realistic or attainable. So, the best I can do is hope for a great result and just wait and see what happens!

Surgery is starting at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. Dr. Capella will be performing a lower body lift, breast lift, and extended arm list. I couldn't be happier!

I debated a lot about the kinds of pictures that I wanted to share with people in terms of excess skin. To be honest, I was obsessed with before and after pictures when I started this process - especially ones dealing with excess skin. So, here I am... down almost 250 lbs and having the excess skin/fat/tissue removed. To be honest, it would've been ideal for me to lose even more weight prior to having surgery; however, I've been in the same 5 lb window for about 7 months and if I'm going to have kids someday, I needed to get on the ball! I know that I won't have the money or downtime for this after having children, so it kind of felt like a "now or never" situation.

So, I've decided to put the pictures on my blog in a password protected post.... that way it can't be stumbled upon super easily on the interwebs and if I need to, I can always change the password. 

You can take a look at the post here. The password - at least for now is capella2014. BEWARE THAT THESE PICS ARE NUDE - DO NOT OPEN IN PUBLIC PLACE. For your sake, not mine! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Ihearttennis
on 9/23/14 11:55 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Nikke,

I am thinking about you and pray for your quick recovery.  You are so brave to post the photos and I really want to thank you for sharing them.  I am a few weeks behind you and still trying to select my surgeon.  I have lost about 100 lbs and have a lot of excess skin.  Your before pictures look pretty darn good so I can't wait to see how fantastic you will look after your surgery.  It may be inappropriate for me to comment on your breasts, but if mine looked as great as yours in your before picture I wouldn't do a thing to them! 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Not inappropriate at all - I appreciate it! Thank you so much for the prayers and support. I'm starting to get really really nervous and excited. I would love to hear about your plastics too as it gets closer!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Dejah H.
on 9/24/14 12:59 am - Central, TX

Congrats on your weight loss and upcoming plastics! I just had a TT done Aug. 13th, and I am so happy with the results! I am having to do my procedures in small pieces do to another health issue (Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease). My plastic surgeon doesn't want to over tax my body.

My before pictures look really similar to yours, and I completely understand your fears!! I had/have the same fears. I am 6 weeks out from my TT, and even though my stomach is flat, I am just now starting to look at my body differently. Also, I think it is hard since I only had that one piece done, and I still see the hanging skin on my arms, etc.

Good luck to you tomorrow! I am sure you will do great and love the results! :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:15 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on your surgery! I'm glad that you are happy with the results and hope I feel the same. I appreciate the kind words and support!!

kerry B.
on 9/24/14 1:26 am
VSG on 11/04/13

So very excited for you, Nikke!!  Sending the best surgery vibes your way!  You are such a strong person I know you will power through this like a rockstar.  You are a beautiful person inside and out, I hope you can see that more and more every day.

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:17 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you SO much!

Crackerno
on 9/24/14 1:30 am - Canada

good luck with the surgery... Are you paying for the skin removal yourself?  or is it covered.  I had heard no insurance company would cover this procedure.

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:18 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I paid for it myself - insurance would not cover it. Some insurance companies will cover certain procedures if there is extensive documentation showing medical issues from the skin. I didn't have those issues though!

jaxie77
on 9/24/14 2:45 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hi Nikke,  

I'm gonna be totally honest here and say when I signed in to see your blog I was kind of looking through my fingers peeking at the screen ! I didn't know what to expect ..but OMG ! You look amazing and I can only imagine what you will look like after surgery .  Great job on the weight loss ! I really hope I look even half as good as you do after losing my goal (hopefully ) of 120 lbs . Good for you for sharing this experience , you are so inspiring to me ! 

Good luck tomorrow and I can't wait to see you rocking that new body :)) 

Jax x