Sleeve shape

dawn4511
on 9/23/14 9:24 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I finally got my appointment with the surgeon to go over my swallow xray test. I go for balloon scope dilation on Mon, because I have a stricture.

However I'm shocked at the mess of what my stomach looks like. Instead of looking like a banana sleeve shape it's more like a scoop of ice cream on a cone. Instead of taking down the RNY pouch he took the pouch stitched it to a sleeve bottom. So where the sleeve and pouch meet it where the leak was and now the stricture.

Will it look better once the stricture is gone? Won't know until it's done. I asked him what happened to our agreement that the rny would be completely taken down he said it was better for me like this cause there was less cutting and rearranging to recover from. I'm just shocked.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 9/23/14 9:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

First, very glad you have an appointment for dilation, I sincerely hope it is the last time you have to do that.

With respect to your franken-guts, WTF - am I understanding that you still have the blind stomach kicking around inside you (sorry, laptop wont let me use question marks)

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dawn4511
on 9/23/14 9:46 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
WTF for sure lol but no the blind stomach is gone. I have a pouch on top of the sleeve it's f uped. I think I will still that and call it franken-guts for sure. I'm part rny part sleeve .

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 9/23/14 11:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

Okay I think I understand then. Nah, you're a sleeve now (although, still a franken-sleeve lol). So they connected the pouch tissue to your stomach tissue (not the remnant one, it was removed) and formed a sleeve out of it, even though it's an oddly shaped one. Gotcha. lol

You never seem to do things the easy way, eh?

K. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/