New and Wondering

Marciaik
on 9/22/14 12:45 am

Hi Everyone,  I am in the process of my post op appointments for VSG.  I know two people who have had the procedure and they have helped so much but i was wondering what others are saying about it.  I understand all the pro's and con's but was wondering what recommendations anyone else has or helpful hints.  My doctor told me if i lose 5-10 lbs by my next appointment he will book my surgery, so i am very excited about that and i am on a mission! lol.  I am 27 years old and really want this because i have always been overweight my whole life.  I recently had a daughter 9 months ago and i want to be healthy for her.  I want to be able to go on slides with her at the park, go to amusement parks and not be embarresed.  I just realy want this and cannot wait! Any helpful tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

anewme2015
on 9/22/14 3:50 am

Marciaki, the same here. Im new to this entire process. I pray that all goes well for you. I'm still trying to learn about the pro's and con's as well. I'm sure we will both make it!

Tracy D.
on 9/22/14 6:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations on taking one of the most important steps to improve your health and life!   If you haven't already found it, you may want to visit the VSG-specific forum on here.   If you x-post this topic you may get a lot more responses too.   

Best of luck to you! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

JenniD
on 9/22/14 6:50 am

I was in the same situation before my surgery( I am now 1 week post-op). I had 10 lbs to loose and was able to get rid of 5 on my own(I had two weeks to loose it all), I panicked  and went out and bought the 48 hour Hollywood diet. It is about $14.00 for a two day supply and you mix it with water and drink it 4 times a day. The taste was pretty good and I didn't get all weak and shaky. It isn't the best way to do it, but it helped me get rid of the other 5 lbs so I could have my surgery. Its not a bad way to jumpstart a diet or detox, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to. Good luck