Did any one had Diabetis and other significant helth issues before the GBP?

maimi
on 9/21/14 3:57 am - LA

I have had a lot of issues with anxity and depression .Anyone has suffer with the same?

MsBatt
on 9/21/14 5:27 am

I was trying to avoid getting diabetes, which runs in both sides of my family. Thanks to my DS, 11 years later I'm still diabetes free! I did have a lot of trouble with depression pre-op, but that's beeen significantly improved as well.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/21/14 5:39 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I no longer take diabetes medication (my sugar has been perfect for 2 years), I no longer take blood pressure meds or cholesterol meds, and I no longer use a walker (I have really bad knees).  I do still take medication for depression. 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

tstowe
on 9/21/14 6:32 am

I had VSG surgery in Mexico. The doctor here who is going to do my followup wanted blood-work.. just to have a baseline. Well, found out I had diabetes. My blood sugar was just over 240. He put me on metforman.

I had the surgery three weeks ago tomorrow. I quit taking the meds about four days ago and my blood sugar last night was 98.

So hang in there. It will get better.

Eggface
on 9/21/14 11:51 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I was on 8 prescriptions prior to gastric bypass in 2006 for severe GERD, high BP, severe sleep apnea, and a host of other issues... off all medications and all conditions resolved within the first 3 months, some the day of surgery. 

Hope you will have a great outcome.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Erica_Miracle2010
on 9/21/14 12:34 pm

I didn't suffer your typical depression and anxiety post Any surgery but I know those that did...I did have high blood pressure and diabetes and all of that went away I do not intend to be hypoglycemic though

maimi
on 9/21/14 9:30 pm - LA

Thanks everyone. Every response has been very helpful .

Maimi

TheNewT
on 9/21/14 11:27 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 months before surgery. my PCP was attempting to do the glucose test and my fasting blood sugar was 196... too high to do the test. I believe the highest I ever saw my A1C was 6. During the hospital stay they constantly monitored my blood sugar. I was released 2 days later and was told no medication necessary.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/22/14 3:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was a diabetic.  I was on insulin and metformin.  I had developed high blood pressure and was on twice daily meds. I had sleep apnea with a pressure setting of 11. I had stress incontinence. I also had IBS with daily diarrhea. 

Every co-morbidity is gone. The only "meds" I take are supplements.  My a1c is 4.5. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat