Nighttime is always the worst

Missourimedic
on 9/20/14 12:14 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

So throughout these days I have learned that the nighttime is the worst for me. Some days I have no willpower whatsoever and seem to lose control all the time. I've talked with my therapist about this I have come to decision that I'm going to have to fight it with everything that I have. Guess I'm just looking for some support here because as I said here looking in writing at this I tried not have the hunger pains in my head because I know I don't have the physical hunger pains but it's all mental.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/20/14 1:08 pm - OH

We have all been there, so you definitely aren't alone.  If any of us had a huge amount of willpower, we wouldn't have needed surgery.  Try to distract yourself with activities that are incompatible with eating (something that requires using your hands for other things and occupies your brain so you don't think about food).

Hang in there.  Your surgery isn't far off.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Missourimedic
on 9/20/14 1:17 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Thank you

Mary Gee
on 9/20/14 6:47 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

As Lora said, nighttime is a demon we all face'. I know it's my toughest time too.  Do you have a workshop where you could busy yourself with projects?  Or maybe you could go to the library, or is there a group you could join.  Several people go to Overeaters Anonymous.  Gwen goes somewhere to play trivia in the evenings.  I get on the computer to do puzzles and games, or I download a book to read.  I think the devil comes out in the nighttime to entice us to  "do wrong"!

Know that you are not alone in your struggle!  Drink some broth or tea and try to come up with diversions ... Maybe you can learn to knit or crochet!   

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

kathkeb
on 9/21/14 5:15 am

OA has on-line meetings every 3 hours around the clock.

Www.therecoverygroup.com or www.oa.org can point you to them.

They correspond to 12, 3, 6 and 9 Amanda pm EST.  adjust for your particular time zone.

Kath

VSG on 06/12/13

I am with you here. It seems willpower drops like a stone after 10:30. My remedy: just go to bed! The extra sleep is healthier than anything I'd be eating at that point!

laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Missourimedic
on 9/21/14 1:04 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Yea I try that but I either cant sleep or I wake up at 3 am due to hungry pains.

Scarlette B.
on 9/21/14 1:16 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

The feeling that I "have" to eat something got less overwhelming after surgery for me. You will see... the intensity of having to have pizza or fries or whatever your calling is will hopefully settle.  Mine did and I pray yours will also.  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Missourimedic
on 9/21/14 2:01 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

thank you I hope you are correct

butterfly3851
on 9/21/14 5:04 am - TX

I do have cravings after dinner - I totally relate!  

I do try to plan a healthy snack after dinner- I love to try some new recipes from www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com that help my sweet cravings. Greek yogurt is always good.  

Good luck to you!