Sleepless in the Pre-op world

Bubbles314
on 9/18/14 10:44 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Missouri

I have had the exact opposite problem.  I started my pre-op liquid diet on Monday and have felt like napping all the time.  Today the hunger has got to me.  My stomach is growling and I feel like there is water sloshing around in there.  How can you have acid reflux with premier protein shakes and water  What I would have given for an anti acid.  It burned all the way up my throat and nose.

Best of luck to you, I'm praying for both of us this is much harder than I anticipated.  We can do this, I know we can.

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 1:24 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

yes we can. Sorry to hear about the reflux, it sucks I know. I am drinking about 100oz water a day with all the broth I drink to get by so I know how you feel like the sloshing going on. I sure hope I can sleep tonight

Bubbles314
on 9/18/14 2:25 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Going without good sleep sucks, I have sleep apnea.  I feel for you Best of luck

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 7:03 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Yes I also have sleep apnea.

Sam_shrinking333
on 9/18/14 8:03 pm

When I did the pre op diet my insomnia worsened for a bit. Maybe just the diet? Normally some carb snacking at night would calm and relax me, then I'd sleep. Without it I felt wired. Saving a shake for a bedtime snack helped. So did constantly drinking herbal tea. I'd get soni**** and pour my favorite herbal tea over it, and crunch for a while before bed. 

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 10:43 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

That is how I feel at night "wired" and yes I normally eat just before I went to bed.

Psyarah
on 9/18/14 8:28 pm

I had my surgery done on Monday.  I have been going through the same issues.  Last night I slept for a total of an hour and a half.  I am also having some weird dreams too.  Only one was food related.  The food related one was that I forgot I did the surgery and ate a chocolate brownie, and then I was waiting in agony to vomit.  Super weird!  Even though Im not craving it.  Tuesday I go in to see the doctor for my first check up.  I am going to discuss it with him.  Cant wait to sleep :) 

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 10:44 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

I did get some good sleep last night but yes the dreams are weird.