Just booked my VS Surgery in Mexicali!!!

sophi1104
on 9/18/14 9:12 am

I am having my sleeve surgery done in Mexico.  I am self pay, and my insurance doesn't cover the procedure.  After research and talking to other people, I chose Dr. Abril in Mexicali.  I am super excited, but very nervous.  I do speak enough Spanish to get by, but it makes me nervous to have surgery in another country.  My surgery date is November 4, I will arrive the day before.  I have enough time to plan everything out such as time off, plane tickets, and Pre-op Diet!!!  Anyone else having surgery in November or in Mexico??? 

Sophia Carter

Gastric Sleeve

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 10:52 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

I am having it done in Tijuana  Mexico on Oct 6 2014 by Dr Lopez 

tstowe
on 9/19/14 1:08 am

I had it done in Mexicali on September 1 at the Mexicali Bariatric Center. I don't know about the doctor where you are going, but where I went, I didn't really know I was in Mexico. Everyone spoke English...most were fluent. A driver picked us up at the airport and took us directly to the hospital for blood work. He then took us to a hotel for the night...again, everyone, spoke English. The next morning, back to the hospital and when were done, four days later he drove us back to the airport in San Diego.

We also had a case-worker who was fluent (she went to grade school in the U.S.).

Sammy D.
on 9/19/14 1:21 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

I am self pay too, but chose to stay in the states. I found a surgeon in my home state of NC that has pretty reasonable all inclusive self pay rates. I researched Mexico, but never really felt 100% comfortable. I was prepared to have Mexico ready in case financing fell through for here in the states. My surgery is November 6th, so I guess that makes us surgery buddies! Wish you the best and praying for you. Keep us updated on how it goes.

By the way, Join us over on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy board. Lots of great procedure specific support and advice.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

ABetterBrandi
on 9/19/14 2:42 am

I am having surgery in Tijuana on October 8th! Super excited!!

Starting weight: 232lbs  Goal weight: 140

beckern727
on 9/29/14 4:49 am - San Diego

Congratulations!!!! 

Nicole Becker

Sleeved by Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali B.C.

May 2014

Member Services
on 9/20/14 5:17 am - Irvine, CA