Pre surgery Diet

jdolbear
on 9/17/14 10:30 pm

How did all of you lose the required weight for surgery. My surgeon decided mid september that he wanted me to lose 30 pounds before my surgery on Nov 5th. I am having a difficult time following the high protien no carb low calorie diet my medical weight loss doctor has me on. I am following it but now I am just craving chips and salty foods. 

angieos
on 9/17/14 11:29 pm

First thing you can do it. When I was on my pre-surg. diet I am not going to lie it was hard. Second ask yourself how bad do you want this? The cravings will go away. Get a mind set and go for it!

Missourimedic
on 9/18/14 12:41 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

I understand where you are coming from. I am also on the pre-op or ore-surgery diet. The reason is not just weight lose but is two fold 1 is to shrink your liver to make the surgery go easier and the 2nd is to see if you can handle this new life style. I have been on the diet for only 6 days and let me tell you it is very hard. You have to do this if you want the surgery, and you CAN DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOU. The cravings will go away to a point I not going to lay to you I found that if you stay busy it helps. But all of this is just my thoughts. Send me a friend request if you like and I hope we can get thru this together

NYMom222
on 9/19/14 12:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I lost 25 pounds pre-surg. First they had me on don't eat more than 100g of carbs and eat 100g protein. I lost 10 pounds in less than a month. Then 3 weeks before it switched to 2-3 shakes a day with at least 20g protein and not more than 5g carbs. Then one meal of salad and protein or veggie and protein. Olive oil and vinegar drizzle for dressing. and 2 fruits a day. I didn't stick to it perfectly, but didn't eat off of what was allowed. Sometimes I had one shake and 2 meals. By my last pre-op visit I had lost another 15 pounds. That was a week before surgery. They didn't weigh me the day of surgery. You can do this. You will survive. Good luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save