I'm going to challenge myself with more weight loss starting 9/18/14

huskergalWsD
on 9/17/14 12:01 pm

I can still lose another 30 lbs safely and be ok with my BMI number. I still have not regained more than 5 lbs for the last 7 years. I have recently gained 5 lbs again, too many camping outings, struggling with depression . I know I felt like a million bucks just 5 lbs lighter, however I am going to challenge myself starting Sept. 18th 2014. I have decided that I don't want to do the liquid diet. I am going to go back to post op week 4 of my Rny. Eating cottage cheese, jello with fruit, yogurt, refried beans with baked chicken pureed, fiber one cereal, strawberry/banana smoothies, blueberries, puddings with protein powder, To name a few foods.. I am going to stay on for the next 2 to 3 months.. I'm confident I can lose another 30 lbs.On My Own. Remember I am no longer depending on my Rny fully, I am relying on my new pouch size only to help me.

I am doing this to help my daughter mostly. I want to inspire her to lose weight.

I can't stand depression. I've always called myself a weak human being. Now older and wiser I know I am stronger, late but not lost. I am hoping that my new self control journey will help inspire my 30 yr old daughter who is now struggling with obesity. I don't ever want her having wls, I know she would fail at it. She is very easily influenced. Her surroundings are not the best that's why she has gained a lot of weight.This is the biggest reason I am doing this. She needs my help right now, we have a very strong bond, just wish she would listen to me with what I advise her to not eat, but she is so into her boyfriend and he eats badly. I will never give up on her. Well I have my mind made up. All tips welcomed, Thanks.

Wish Me Luck....PeaceV Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

kathkeb
on 9/17/14 12:20 pm

Good luck, Wendy.

It helps me to goback to an eating schedule ...... Like "feeding time at the zoo".  I eat 5x a day which is plenty .... And nothing but non-caloric liquids between that.

Kath

Gwen M.
on 9/18/14 3:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My mom telling me that I'd fail at WLS because I'm "easily influenced" would not have helped me when I was 30.  Or ever.  My mom going on a diet (especially since she is gorgeous) wouldn't have inspired me.  These things would have made me feel patronized.  

In fact, there is nothing my mom could have done to keep me away from obesity.  I'm grateful that once I decided to take control of my life, she has been 100% supportive.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Member Services
on 9/18/14 3:58 am - Irvine, CA

30 pounds gone just in time for the holidays, YES!  We want to see a photo of you wearing your new black dress!