Stomach feels like it "gurgles" when I eat

zzobe
on 9/16/14 9:55 am

I'm about 4 months and 1 week out of surgery. Have lost about 48 pounds. When I eat I feel as though my stomach gurgles. It's like I can feel the food mixing up with my stomach juices. I have been eating at my regular pace and don't take tiny bites anymore. I'm wondering if I'm swallowing gas. Maybe I need to slow down with my eating and take smaller bites. Any opinions on this? Thanks.

Valerie G.
on 9/16/14 9:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm 9 years out from my DS and still get gurgles at times.  I don't sweat it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Gee
on 9/16/14 11:31 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

My stomach is constantly making noises - guess it's just something we have to get used to.  I'm 4 months out too, and I see no signs of the gurgling letting up.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/16/14 12:43 pm

I am 6 years out. I worry when my stomach doesn't gurgle.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/14 9:00 pm

Mine gurgles all the time.I named it Minerva.My daughter hates that I named it but it is more of a joke than anything.

AngryViking
on 9/16/14 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Mine talks to me, too.  I was up early this past Sunday morning; silent house, me on the couch in a blanket, good book and my coffee by my side.  The only sound was the constant gurgling and burbling of my pouch.  It's like it was saying "this is good coffee.  Is it pumpkin?  I like pumpkin."  LOL

karenp8
on 9/16/14 10:31 pm - Brighton, IL

Thanks for the chuckle,Angry Viking! Mine talks too and has ever since my RNY 2 years ago. My husband is always laughing at the funny noises that come out.

KARENMILLIE
on 9/17/14 7:47 pm

I am 5 months and two days post op. my stomach gurgles and talks all the time and I love it! I know I'm alive, doing well, and nothing is broken. my husband teases me also. we have fun with the different gassy expressions of my body. much better than being unhappy about it.

Karen in the woods of Alaska