Has anyone post op ate carbs and lost weight?

ladygodiva1228
on 9/18/14 1:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On September 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, NikkyBeauty wrote:

Look! All I did was ask a damn question it was simply did you eat carbs and lose weight yes or no? She wanted advice from ppl who have had the surgery not doctors  and not from me because I'm pre op I said IMO which clearly means (MY OPINION) I felt like she was struggling because she tells me she is still hungry and craving stuff and y'all went all left with the ****! But look I'm not here to argue with nobody! Maybe I shared too much info when the question was just yes or no which made y'all go left instead of just answering the question! But I appreciate all the response's 

Wow so who pissed in your cheerios this morning?  Getting a bit aggressive aren't we? 

As for your friend eating carbs at 9 weeks out and struggling with weightloss, if she continues to chow down on the carbs she be one who ends up failing.  Her not following her surgeons plan is just setting herself for disappointment down the road.  People forget that WLS is a tool and if one doesn't use the tool correctly then it won't work. 

If your so concerned about your friend then it would be best to tell her to GO TO HER DOCTOR.  I bet he/she would not be happy that she is off the plan and eating carbs.  The more carbs she eats the hungrier she will be.  Just a vicious cycle that until she breaks it will just consume her.  Sounds like she wasn't ready to have surgery.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

NikkyBeauty
on 9/18/14 1:54 pm, edited 9/18/14 8:47 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Check this out! I wasn't even talking to you! U could of saved your snide ass remark under the guise of trying to be helpful cause your not being helpful you seem like u want to keep **** going! But I honestly don't care how u feel! if you don't like how I talk or my attitude please remove yourself and your comments from the post!   

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

ladygodiva1228
on 9/18/14 10:09 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On September 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, NikkyBeauty wrote:

Check this out! I wasn't even talking to you! U could of saved your snide ass remark under the guise of trying to be helpful cause your not being helpful you seem like u want to keep **** going! But I honestly don't care how u feel! if you don't like how I talk or my attitude please remove yourself and your comments from the post!   

I don't give two craps about you or your friend who will fail at the weightloss as she continues to stuff her face with fries, chips and other **** food. 

But you jumping all over people just because they didn't you a yes or no answer is bull****  Maybe you could do us all a favor and take your ****ty and holier than thou attitude and move on.  You definately didn't look at the first few posts that explained why eating a ton of carbs is not good. 

You just want rainbow and unicorn farts given as answers.  Good luck to you and your friend since your going to both need it!!

NikkyBeauty
on 9/19/14 4:37 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15
56sunShine14
on 9/17/14 1:38 am

Nicky, honey...nobody was being critical of you from the above posts.  They were giving you honest, heartfelt responses and not being critical at all.  Please go back and read them again with a different tone and see that they were only trying to help you. 

If you were referring maybe to Kathkeb's answer, she was not being critical to you but saying more like (I think Kathkeb, don't mean to speak for you) your friend's surgical team should have provided something to her for guidance and if they did, she needs to pay attention to them.  That you, even as her friend, should not feel that you have to police and watch over her, she should be doing what she needs to do.  Because you won't always be there for her and she needs to stay on plan WITHOUT someone else making her do it.

I hope you will re-read them and see what I mean.  :)

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

NikkyBeauty
on 9/17/14 10:21 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I'm referring to anybody who took the question in another direction! Like I said maybe sharing my opinion of what I see her going through, made people answer the question IMO "critically" so all I was basically saying was "well damn!! Calm down I just asked about carbs! 

wesman43
on 9/16/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 03/19/14

I respect you for going on a forum to help your friend instead of crucifying you, I will help you as best as I can. All of the suggestions here are just that, suggestions. Now to the juicy part: Carbs are like smoking... Once you break the habit of eating so many of them... You crave them less and less. The best thing you can do as a friend is make sure she gets to her appointments and stays connected with her medical team, as well as remind her it will get easier. This is the best support in my opinion that a friend can give... Again I really respect you coming on here and caring for her.  

NikkyBeauty
on 9/17/14 10:24 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Thank you! I'm glad somebody gets it! 

Jules78
on 9/16/14 10:20 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

I am only 4 1/2 months out so still very much a newbie.  My doctors plan does include carbs in the form of fruits, veggies, beans, potatoes and even white rice.  I've eaten carbs from the start and have lost 64 pounds, but then I don't have the DS.  From what I understand, carbs cause a lot more problems for people with the DS than any other WLS.  Wish I could be more help to you.  You might want to try speaking with some of the DS vets for your friend.

youtube channel- silkiilocks

MsBatt
on 9/17/14 3:54 am
On September 17, 2014 at 5:20 AM Pacific Time, Jules78 wrote:

I am only 4 1/2 months out so still very much a newbie.  My doctors plan does include carbs in the form of fruits, veggies, beans, potatoes and even white rice.  I've eaten carbs from the start and have lost 64 pounds, but then I don't have the DS.  From what I understand, carbs cause a lot more problems for people with the DS than any other WLS.  Wish I could be more help to you.  You might want to try speaking with some of the DS vets for your friend.

I wouldn't say carbs cause more problems for DSers than for other surgery types, just that they may cause different problems. They're a weight-loss killer for EVERYONE, and for some people---mostly people with the RNY, but it can happen with any surgery type, or even no surgery at all---they can cause dumping syndrome. In people with malabsorptive surgeries (RNY and DS) they can also often cause gas and bloating. For most of us, we begin to tolerate them better after the first six months to a year.