"You really made some people mad about that one"

kathkeb
on 9/15/14 12:13 pm

Yes, I other posts, she admitted that her main game is avoidance.

Hopefully in therapy, she can go from worksheets to really dealing with her issues and gain the maturity and support system needed to move I to a healthy life.

Kath

Lisenros
on 9/15/14 9:03 pm

I can totally understand about living with someone who doesn't take you into consideration. When I was living with my mom, I would go on diets and eat right for a while and she supported me. She'd eat what I cooked and never brought in foods that would tempt me. When I moved in with my boyfriend, he wanted me to lose weight, but would criticize the food on my plate and say vegetables were gross, all the while, eating a big fatty burger with fries. I lost 80lbs living with my mom and having that support. I never lasted long on eating right with my boyfriend. If I tried to feed him what I ate, he'd say he was tired of this or that. But, I did have control over what I put in my mouth. I'm not a fan of sweets so I can resist donuts, but if he brought home something that I did like, the majority of the time I chose not to eat it. It does make things harder when the person you are living with doesn't care about the things you are going through. My boyfriend wanted me to work out hours a day and eat right all while taking care of him while he ate wrong and never worked out at all. After a while, I just did what I wanted. I also gained a lot of weight because of it. But, I'm learning that I am the only person I can control and that I have to treat myself better.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/16/14 4:53 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Sounds like it might be time to get a different boyfriend  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

greensleeved
on 9/16/14 9:14 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Exactly! 

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162