Ideas for a new couple's activity now that FOOD isn't the focus?

InTransition
on 9/13/14 4:37 am
RNY on 09/08/14

My husband has challenged me with finding something NEW for us to do together, now that I'm post op.  For the last 10 1/2 years, food really has been 'what we do'.  For dates we go out to eat.  For fun we cook something new and exciting (and he is a GREAT cook).  

We don't enjoy a lot of the same things - he likes guns, video games, role-playing-games, etc.

I like to read, go to movies, etc.

I wish I could say working out or walking or something like that would be a great idea, but he has a disability and can't walk very far.  (And to be honest, I haven't found any exercise I love yet - it's still pretty much a half hour or hour of torture!  

(And I kind of can't wait 'til he has WLS surgery next year so that I can sit there and eat something amazing while he's on his liquid diet. :-)  )

jenn1469
on 9/13/14 5:36 am

You can play act games like just dance on win or Zuma Iit's pretty fun

Jennifer

Bette B.
on 9/13/14 6:49 am

I guess it would be stating the obvious to say "sex", huh? 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

InTransition
on 9/13/14 7:58 am
RNY on 09/08/14

HAHAHAHAHAH...We have 5 kids.  I guess that one's just understood.  

zoomom07
on 9/13/14 12:23 pm

You could probably go on Priceline and get a local hotel room for about what you'd spend on a restaurant dinner. Just sayin.... 

Valerie G.
on 9/13/14 7:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I have to say that cooking doesn't have to be off of the agenda.  This is a new adventure in cooking to create things that are healthy for both of you, keeps you in compliance, and tastes delicious to both of you.  My hubs and I still center a lot around food.  We also like to go wandering together to different towns, markets, events, etc...especially farmers and flea markets.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Eggface
on 9/13/14 8:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Shooting range.

I just downloaded The Walk which is a walking, adventure series: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/walk-fitness-tracker-game/id 678971662?mt=8 that seemed fun will be this evenings project when it's not so hellaciously HOT (102 right now)

Is there a cheap movie theater nearby catch up on movies you missed.

Healthy cooking classes.

Bookstore and coffee is one I do a lot.

Geocaching.

Glamping (glamorous or not so glamorous camping)

Exploring.  Pick a town you haven't been to in driving distance and be a local for the day.

Be a tourist in your town and check out something historic or notable.

Picnic at the park, beach, lookout, wherever. 

Have Fun!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

InTransition
on 9/13/14 9:22 am
RNY on 09/08/14

LOVE these!  And we do happen to belong to a gun club, so the shooting thing is free (except the purchase of ammunition).  I have always wanted to go geocaching!

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 8:46 am

Check out local clubs for live music that you both like.  See what festivals, events and activities are in your area.

Gwen M.
on 9/13/14 9:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Board games are always fun :)  We like a lot of the ones from Fantasy Flight Games.  There are some great 2-player cooperative games like Elder Sign and Arkham Horror.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)