How long before I could get the actual surgery?

Generalleefree
on 9/13/14 1:11 pm

Hi I am so excited I just learned I was given the green light for gastric bypass . I have also done my psych , diet and exercise evaluation. I also had my EGD done as well will be getting my surgery done by Dr. Bruce at Dayton Bariatrics. 

Valerie G.
on 9/14/14 12:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you're having insurance pay for surgery, they usually reserve a month for a reply (but often give an answer much faster).  Once you are pre-approved, the rest depends on the doc's schedule.  If you have to tidy things up at work, you can always delay the date to get things all together.  My surgeon's backlog was 4 weeks, but I scheduled out 6 weeks to tie up all of my loose ends so I could take a total of 8 weeks to recover.   When I returned, I hit the ground running and never looked back.  I'm really glad I took the time to address my workload as well as my recovery time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Generalleefree
on 9/14/14 2:38 am

Thank you for the information really appreciate you taking time to answer.  I received a verbal approval Friday from UHC  now I'm  waiting on my Docs office to contact me . 

Lee

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/14/14 3:48 am - OH

It will depend on your surgeon's schedule and the OR schedule.  Valerie and I had the same surgeon but when I got my insurance approval, the surgeon was scheduling 2.5 - 3 weeks out so the wait was a bit less.

(I am also in the Dayton area, but used a different surgeon.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.