Tasty and simple recipe for PUREED, or SOFT FOOD Post Ops....very filling!

Bonnie250
on 9/13/14 3:20 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I took about a half a packet of regular Cream Of Wheat (unflavored), added a little skim milk microwaved it to good and warm (about 45sec-1 min) It thickens as you stir it, and as it stands for a min. or so. I add a packet of Equal (or you could use Splenda, truvia,or Sweet N Low) THEN, here's the kicker~I added a wedge of LAUGHING COW Cinnamon Cream cheese spread.( 45 cal for the wedge) I then stirred it in well to soften chunks, (You can heat it for about 20 more seconds to melt the cream cheese if needed)....DELICIOUS and FiLLING!

Bonnie

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/13/14 4:22 am

This would not be my choice..  so many carbs and almost no proteins..

While postop - even 6 years postop - my every meal has to have proteins. and fat, and maybe some carbs..  have you consider adding some proteins to that mixture? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

InTransition
on 9/13/14 6:09 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Or maybe mix in a scoop of unflavored protein when you put the cheese in?  

Bonnie250
on 9/14/14 12:52 am
RNY on 08/25/14

where can i get unflavored protein? do you use Unjury? I have my protein shake mix, but havent bought unflavored protein to add to foods...

Bonnie

Margeson2012
on 9/15/14 12:27 am

Hey Bonnie you can get it at any GNC. Just make sure you dont try to put a whole scoop in it lol. I tried that and ugh...grossed me out lol. Just maybe 1/4 -1/3 a scoop.

Bonnie250
on 9/14/14 12:50 am
RNY on 08/25/14

well, i tried. lol.

Bonnie

Chilipepper
on 9/14/14 12:35 pm

You are trying and that is good. Remember calories is not what you are looking at this early. You want proteins.  Take some refried beans, throw some shredded cheddar and a heavy hand of hot sauce.  Yum

or take a can of chicken and if you are on purée throw in the mixer. Put some buffalo sauce and sprinkle some blue cheese on top. Yummy!  

I also eat the single serve packs of tuna fish and I eat to much egg salad. :)

get some cottage cheese and sprinkle it with equal and cinnamon. Cinnamon helps get rid of belly fat. 

Remember you are needing to measure not look for that filling feeling.  

Keep up the good work

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

CLRodriguez2
on 9/14/14 11:52 pm
Revision on 09/02/14

Great Suggestions!!

THanks!

Revision surgery: Lapband removal to RNY - schedule September 2!!!

Bonnie250
on 9/15/14 12:54 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I just took your advice and had cottage cheese with an equal packet and cinnamon! Delicious breakfast! I will try the can of chicken too!

Bonnie

Chilipepper
on 9/15/14 1:36 am, edited 9/15/14 1:37 am

I forgot to add. Put the chicken or the beans in the microwave to warm it up. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White