The Easy Way Out -- Rant

jastypes
on 9/10/14 10:39 pm - Croydon, PA

While I do not for one moment believe WLS is the easy way out of anything (after 7+ years of successing, struggling and progressing), the next time someone tells me WLS is the easy way out, I am going to simply respond, "Well, why WOULDN'T I take the easy way out???"  If you want to go from New Jersey to Florida, would you walk? without shoes? look for the most difficult route and uneven terrain?  Or would you simply hop on a plane to get from point A to point B?  Of course having arrived in Florida (or onederland), it's up to you to make it a good trip. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Valerie G.
on 9/11/14 12:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

GREAT analogy.

IF only they had a clue of what we had to endure to call it easy.  Sheesh

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 9/11/14 1:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Exactly!  I've said to people "when I wash my clothes I don't go down to the river and beat it on rocks - I use a washing machine! And I bet when you want to heat up your coffee you don't go out and chop wood and start a fire, right?"   OF COURSE I'm going to avail myself of the latest technology to do anything, including lose weight.   Jeesh 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jefferytmc
on 9/11/14 4:48 am

I agree.  So what if it was easy (not but who cares)?  No one derides you for taking easy forms of transport to get to work.  No one criticizes for electricity to cook.  It was not their choice, let them choose the hard way to lose weight.

I was 440 lbs.  I have been over 300 lbs for at least 20 yrs.  WWers was not work, diets were not working, exercise alone was not working.  I had been healthy all that time until a year and a half ago when I was diagnosed being diabetic.  That was my wake up call.  My wife and I had been MO for all our marriage.  She had been diabetic for 18 yrs.  Her health issues were increasing and mine were starting (I had also started BP meds back then).  The hard way was killing me.  I would lose and then regain and often more than I had lost.  I felt like crap (let the easy way out people try carrying around 260 lbs of extra weight everywhere they go).  We went on a cruise and did an excursion and it required walking about a mile up a gravel path through the jungle to tube down a river.  I could not make it the whole way.  It was pathetic.

So they can kiss my lily white bottom, do it the hard way and leave me alone.  I do not owe them any explanation.  Sure I could have died from complications, but I was definitely dying from my former lifestyle.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)