Ive gotta get over this HEAD HUNGER, I think It put me back in the HOSPITAL!! I WAS ...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/11/14 5:26 am
RNY on 08/05/19

So glad you're going to talk to someone! A few other things that may help:

• Get rid of any "off limits" food. Don't keep it in the house! If there's nothing but soup in your pantry, it's pretty much impossible to eat something you shouldn't.

• Write out your menu in advance. "Chocolate protein shake for breakfast. Chicken boullion for lunch." Put it on the fridge so you see it ALL THE TIME.

• Try setting up a timer on your phone for mealtimes. Lunch at 11:30, afternoon snack at 2. Not allowed to eat until the timer goes off.

• Drink drink DRINK! I've found that flavored water (Crystal Light, Mio, etc.) is great for cutting the edge off hunger and you need lots of fluid anyway. Get a big bottle or mug and keep it with you all the time.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 12:10 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

All WONDERFUL helps! and thank you! I plan on following plan exactly from here on out! I have to let this go, put it behind me and learn from it and move on! thanks for your response !

Bonnie

MickeyDee
on 9/11/14 2:54 pm

It's amazing--we talk and talk about the protocol, and everyone says "Oh, yes, I understand" but there's nothing like the real life object lesson of pain and vomiting and feeling totally rotten to make it REALLY sink in!

Sounds like you learned your object lesson the hard way, and I'm glad you're doing better.

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 9:08 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

YES. I did. And like i said, I will treasure this sweet little pouch much MORE now! I have control of what to fill it with. I will do what I am supposed to do from here on out and follow the guidelines, no matter how hard they may be. I see this as a "bump in the road," or a "hiccup" in my journey, time to pick myself up and move on....Thanks for the reply!

Bonnie