Ive gotta get over this HEAD HUNGER, I think It put me back in the HOSPITAL!! I WAS ...

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 9:01 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Yes, some surgeons programs are extremely different. I am back on trct, doing as i am supposed to! I got THIS! Thanks for the reply!

Bonnie

NikkyBeauty
on 9/11/14 7:47 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Your right! She left the hospital on soft food! But she went to in and out burger like a week out of surgery and was put on liquid/puréed because she was (excuse my language) ******g up! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 9:03 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Who went to get a burger a week out of surgery? Not me! I am back on tract, stronger than ever! I learned my lesson!

Bonnie

Kate -True Brit
on 9/10/14 9:05 pm - UK

Sounds like you have learned your kesson. We could all say "there, there, it doesn't matter" but you have realised yourself it does! It matters enormously. It's not just about losing weight - having had the surgery, it is about staying alive and healthy. Before surgery, you cheat in a diet and you just don't lose weight. There is an awful lot more at stake now. 

I find the differences between "real" and "head" hunger are meaningless. If I feel hungry, I want to eat - makes no difference if it isn't true hunger! I am not bypassed so we need to develop different strategies but my way is first of all to get busy and see if I stop thinking if food. If it doesn't work, then I eat, otherwise it will just get worse and worse. But I eat something appropriate, in my plan and as filling as possible. I manage the hunger rather than giving in without thought. It is harder in the post-op stages as food is restricted and less filling but we simply MUST cope.

Lesson learned, dangers understood, move on. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 1:54 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Thank you for your reply. I am moving on and appropriately so. I got this! Going to seek a therapist. Feeling better now!

Bonnie

Price S.
on 9/10/14 9:31 pm - Mills River, NC

the drs do surgery on our tummies, not our heads.  Get help for your head.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 1:56 am
RNY on 08/25/14

thanks for the reply. I got this! this was a hiccup in my journey, recovery, but I am stronger now and getting help as needed.

Bonnie

jastypes
on 9/10/14 10:35 pm - Croydon, PA

It would seem like the lesson was learned, but if you know anything about addiction/compulsive behaviors, you know that your resolve and will power will only take you so far.  Please talk to a therapist and consider working the 12-Step Program of Overeaters Anonymous.  It saved my life. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Bonnie250
on 9/11/14 2:04 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Yes, I am considering outside help. Than you for your reply.

Bonnie

Margeson2012
on 9/10/14 11:00 pm

Oh goodness Bonnie! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. But hopefully it was a lesson well learned but never repeated! I don't want to see my Bypass Buddy hurting and struggling like this! Next time you feel that hunger get up and do something... walk on your treadmill or anything to take your mind off of it. I know since I have a desk job my favorite thing to do when I was bored was eat sunflower seeds. Not anymore...now I just crunch on ice in my water...it helps. Lets give our bodies time to heal and try not to eat anything harsh like that for a long time! Praying you recover quickly my friend!