my lapband surgeon has seemed to disapear! I will assume he has retired...

Debbielyn67
on 9/11/14 4:21 pm

Hello, I am at a bit of a loss.  The surgeon who did my lapband had seemed to disappear!   I think he may have retired.  Dr. Leung was in Surrey BC (Vancouver) and I live in the interior. I have no clue if he hired someone to replace him or if anyone knows or has any suggestions?  I dont think there are many doctors in BC that cover this type of surgery and I need to have it checked soon as I think my band may be slipping.  

I really appreciate any comments, reccomendations you may have!  I thank you in advance!   

Please take care.

Valerie G.
on 9/12/14 1:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Most bariatric surgeons with some considerable experience have worked with Lapband.  If you think it's slipping, approaching a new doc about the possibility of a revision will be better received than just asking for assistance with another doc's band placement.  They're kind of snobby about treating other doc's band patients otherwise.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

kathkeb
on 9/12/14 10:00 am

Can you call the hospital or surgery center and ask what is going on?  Perhaps they know who his patients were referred to.

Mu surgeon has a monthly newsletter so even though I don't see him often anymore (about once a year****ep track of him through the emails ......

Sorry you lost track of your surgeon......and a little surprised they did not send out a letter or email when they retired.

Kath