Feeling "trapped" and looking for advice.

boops83
on 9/11/14 5:33 am - Canada

I had my lap band placed in July 2007 at the surgical weight loss clinic in Mississauga Ontario Canada . A week ago was when I ate my last real meal and passed food without struggle.  I feel as though I have a stuck burp or air bubble I can get out or past. I am struggling with liquids and have reverted back to my post surgery diet from the very beginning yet I have no relief. I have Google searched complications and solutions only to find somewhat similar situations bUT not close enough. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anybody experienced this after having their band for such a long time period.  ??? I appreciate any feedback. 

Patm
on 9/11/14 6:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Can you go back to the center that inserted the band? It sounds like you need it looked at

Bubbles314
on 9/11/14 6:23 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Sorry you are having problems.  You might want to check the Forum for Lap Band people specifically, someone there may have this issue.  I mean if you get no response here.

Best of luck

Kate -True Brit
on 9/11/14 7:08 am - UK

A fairly common problem after a few years is a build up of scar tissue which makes the band tighter. This has happened to me twice. Each time I had a tiny bit of saline removed, just 0.1cc and the problem was immediately resolved. I was banded in 2006 and the two occasions I describe were at about five and six and a half years post-op. I have been fine since then. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,