School Lunch Ideas?

TeenSleever
on 9/10/14 6:09 am

Hello!

I was wwondering if maybe has any vsg lunch ideas I can take to school with me. I prepare my own lunches and I don't know how to cook!! Something high protein low carb maybe? 

Thank you :-)

Tracy D.
on 9/10/14 6:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Lunch meat, string cheese, turkey sausage bites, beef jerky, greek yogurt, Oscar Mayer P3 protein packs, almonds, tuna in those little foil packets, cans of chicken, ready-to-drink protein shakes (pour over ice at lunch so it's cold).  

Also if there are leftovers from the night before (protein and veggie) those are good to take the next day for lunch too.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/10/14 7:45 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Ditto what Tracy D said, also if you can tolerate eggs you can boil eggs or bring an egg salad with you, vienna sausage, turkey jerky, beef jerky, shrimp salad, chicken salad,also salmon comes in those foil packs too.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Valerie G.
on 9/10/14 8:05 am, edited 9/10/14 8:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

First of all, it's time to start learning how to cook, my friend! Google anything with the word recipe, and you'll find all kinds of suggestions, lessons, and even uTube videos on how to do it.  My son started cooking more for himself his Junior year in HS and now is fearless in the kitchen.  It's not always fabulous, but I'm happy to see him not afraid to try.

Egg salad and chicken salad are wonderful things to add to a big slice of romaine, as is some cheese and lunch meat for a delicious "unwich".  You may want to hold your lettuce seperate and assemble just before eating.  The same goes with the delicious tomatoes ripening at the end of the season.  Take out the middle part and stuff with chicken, tuna, or egg salad.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 9/10/14 11:24 am

I'm going to assume you will NOT be able to refrigerate your food while at school. That cuts out a lot of things.

I suggest any sort of canned meats you like just like they come out of the can---tuna, chicken, turkey, ham, whatever. If you're more ambitious, you can also carry little packets of mayo, mustard, ketchup to jazz things up with. I believe you can also get pre-make foil packets of tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. String cheese or other forms of sealed cheeses would be good. (Most cheese actually tastes better at room temperature.) There are also individual-sealed packets of deli meats available. Boiled eggs are good---they don't need refrigeration until you shell them.

Some raw veggies are fine for a day in a baggie. Nuts keep a LONG time in a baggie.

I agree with Val---it's time to stat learning to cook. Eating a healthy diet for the rest of your life is going to be much, MUCH easier if you can prepare your own foods. (Tastier, too! There's nothing like tweaking a recipe to fit your precise tastes.)