Okay, who knows what WEDNESDAY is? Hump Day? No . . .

Bette B.
on 9/10/14 12:51 am

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES: 

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name).

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

I'm in a pretty good mood today (so hey, world - don't **** it up!) so I won't have to many beefs, but here are a couple to get you all started:

- I will preface this by saying that I am grateful as hell to be getting ANY fuel assistance this winter. Thank you Joe Kennedy! But the one-time amount we're being given is $425, which is about 109 gallons of oil. It's better than NOT getting that, but will only last a couple of weeks.

- I'd rather just have both my DH and I working again and not have to to worry about it. That would be nice.

- Everything being so freaking expensive!! I rarely buy ground beef but did a month or so ago because I was having burger cravings. I was astonished to see that the CHEAPEST variety at the store was 5.99/pound. I was in the store the other day and saw a sign that their "special" price on Oscar Mayer bacon was 5.99/pound (not that I was planning on buying any.)

The only thing that still seems to be cheap is  boxed mac & cheese and ramen. Prices go up and up and up but I don't know anyone who has an income that is going up and up and up.

- The recurring theme of my ****ty knees. Sooner or later, it's going to be replacement time. Yes, my insurance will cover everything except a $500 co-pay (thank you, Obamacare!!) but that's still pretty prohibitive right now and, having just started a new job 3 months ago I really don't feel comfortable saying that I need a month of for surgery and rehab. So, my knees will just continue to hurt and I will continue to swear about them.

- People who hate Obama. Fine. I get it. But suck it up and get over it! In two years, you can have a white president again and all will be right in your world. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Patm
on 9/10/14 2:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I work for a small university. There website was awful. Seldom had the info I needed and when they did you had trouble finding it. They decided to launch a new site this week. Now it is missing what useful information it did have. So far the maps for campus are gone just as we have new lost students. Also the form for work orders is missing.

Why would they launch a half done site. At least the old one had some information

Hislady
on 9/10/14 5:23 am - Vancouver, WA

I rarely ever post on *****fest but I gotta agree with Bette on prices going up. Hubby got on me once again because I told him there wasn't enough in my checking to pay the bills! He retired early at 55 and had it all planned out with investments etc to cover us to a certain age, well sorry dear but the economy did not get the memo!! I get X amount in my checking account (what he figures should cover bills, with Soc Sec and our investment account) well the bills are Y and more than what is in my checking. I'm always a few hundred short what with all my medical bills from earlier this year on top of increased prices on everything it doesn't stretch far enough. I'm not a big spender in fact I still have the same grocery budget from 10 years ago, granted it used to cover more food and lots of good quality food and splurges back then. Now it barely covers milk, butter and eggs! He knows that is true because he often has to do the shopping for me. I'm writing down all the monthly expenses to show him I'm not kidding with him.

I just hope he doesn't expect me to go earn money cause I ain't getting far being on oxygen 24/7. If he thinks I'm gonna make any money from bed doing ANYTHING he's sadly mistaken. I don't think any guy is desperate enough for sex to hop in bed with this saggy skinned old lady hooked up to oxygen.  You can't get blood from a stone! Thanks I feel better now!

Sammy D.
on 9/10/14 6:10 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Hate to rain on your parade Bette, but count me as an Obama hater. But my gripe is why do people always assume those who don't like their current president is because they are of a different race? His policies and broken promises are why I have a beef with him. That being said, I'm no die hard Republican either. Politicians in general grind my gears. They all should have to wear Nascar type uniforms so we can identify their special interest corporate sponsors. Both political parties have destroyed this nation from what it used to be. It's time some independent thinkers came in and done the job. I could care less if they are Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, if they are independent minded I want them. Enough of this right vs left, red pill vs blue pill mentality.

Blame prices and inflation on the Federal Reserve, our nation was not founded on a central Bank... Thanks Woodrow Wilson (D) for putting these burdens on us. Thanks Richard Nixon (R) for taking the US off the gold standard and making our money worthless paper.

Ok enough politics.... My main gripe right now is my bank. I applied last week for my loan to have my VSG (thanks to an exclusion with my insurance that will not cover any type of WLS regardless of medical necessity), and I have yet to know if I am approved for the loan. The loan officer is never available, and has yet to return my calls. How professional is that? Time is getting very short to see if I have to pursue other options, and I just wish I could get an answer. I hate being on a cliffhanger as this surgery could very well save my life. I took it upon myself to stop by the bank Monday. The loan officer looked stressed out, but it is not like it takes a long time or a lot of effort just to find out if I am approved or not. She was unable to provide a timeline of when I could expect to hear anything. Ughhhh! I'm trying to be patient but it's getting to be crunch time for me.

Bette, hopefully I didn't offend, and thanks a million for providing a post like this to vent.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

56sunShine14
on 9/10/14 7:07 am

I know this is rant day but I have to say with regards to your bank loan officer.  I lost the same job twice because of the great "recession".  I was so happy to have been put out this last time because I was in accounting and saw what was on the near horizon with this company.  I wanted nothing to do with it!  but losing that job hurt like hell, I loved it and the salary.

Your loan officer, like so many others in this country now, is most likely doing the work of 3-5 people now and can't breath most times.  Try to be patient, her world is hell right now, I am sure.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Sammy D.
on 9/10/14 12:13 pm - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Thanks,  I figured I'd give it to the end of the week. I begin to need money 9-23 with nutrition consult, then the next week for optifast. Hopefully she gets a lil freed up, definitely in a time crunch.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/10/14 6:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Oh I hate having knee problems too, b4 my knee used to act up for no reason, now it has a reason, tripped & fell on both my knees, hard!, on that hard ass concrete & it's taking forever to heal, it's 90% better but darn it if that last bit of pain is taking its sweet ass time to go away. Plus I kept thinking this is going to throw off my workout routine big time. Well I guess I gotta get used to that new walk till I'm all healed up!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/10/14 6:35 am

I agree with you about prices going up. Cheese in particular seems outrageous.

I have a case of existential 'meh'. It's not really a rant.

The one rant I do have relates to droopy drawers. I have no desire to see someone's unders sticking above their sagging pants. It's not cute-it's stupid. I want to pants the next idiot I see dressed that way. I also don't want to see thongs above the back of some woman's low-waisted jeans, but I don't see that as much any more. I don't care how gorgeous you are, your butt crack is NOT attractive.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Grim_Traveller
on 9/10/14 7:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Don't pants them. Bring a staple gun, yank the pants up, and staple them in place.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/10/14 7:05 am

I'll bring the staples, you bring the gun!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org