Newbie Here and Curious

MsBatt
on 9/13/14 2:02 am
On September 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM Pacific Time, CMo wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. They talked to me about the NSAIDS, but I don't take a lot of them. The bigger concern for me was steroid shots I take for my asthma. They said I wouldn't be able to get those unless it was a life or death situation because it could cause problems. I know this is what they told me with the RNY, but am not sure with the sleeve. But, they also seem to think once the weight is off, I won't have such a hard time breathing. Lots to think about.

Thanks again!

Cynthia

You need to ask some VERY pointed questions abut this! This the first I've EVER heard about steroids being a no-no for any surgery type. Don't confuse NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatories) with steroids.

As for not taking  'a lot' NSAIDs---most of us find that as we age, we have a greater need for them. Life's aches and pains, y'know. (*grin*)

Member Services
on 9/12/14 8:10 am - Irvine, CA

You can obtain information on our VSG and RNY forums and message boards.  I encourage you to review the message boards and post this same question on both boards.

VSG 

RNY

Cathy

CMo
on 9/12/14 8:12 am

Cathy,

Thank you. I was looking for a search bar so I could maybe search the forums. I am still learning to navigate through the forums.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cynthia

Member Services
on 9/12/14 8:33 am - Irvine, CA

If you need any assistance, please let me know! 

mollz007
on 9/12/14 8:40 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Welcome to OH! Both surgeries have pros and cons, and I have seen people have lots of success with each one. No surgery is foolproof, it just gives you a useful tool, but the rest is up to you I had the VSG a little over 6 months ago and have lost 100 pounds. I choose the VSG mostly because I wanted my body to absorb all the nutrients I eat, and I also liked that it was a less complicated procedure.

check out my blog!