Weight loss plateau 4 weeks post op

Yoyoyo
on 9/9/14 11:32 am

I'm 4 weeks post op and have weighed the same for about 10 days.  Initially I was losing each day, but not anymore.  I'm doing my best to consume as much protein and fluid possible, but am just not near where I need to be yet.  Often feel weak and shaky to the point that I must sit down immediately, for fear of passing out.  I know my body is adjusting to many new changes, but just want to know that this is normal.  Has anyone else experienced a stand still so early on?  How do you overcome the weak and shaky feelings?  Thanks!

Kate -True Brit
on 9/9/14 9:26 pm - UK

This is NOT a brush-off! It is an attempt to reassure! Use the magnifying glass in the blue bar to search for 2 week stall, 3 week stall, stall at one month, early plateaux etc..  You will find literally hundreds of people asking this.

you are very much not alone! Very normal! 

I can't comment on your other points as I have a band and assume you haven't! It us always a good idea to tell people which surgery you have had to help them answer you.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jl007
on 9/11/14 2:35 am - Ava, MO

I felt exactly like you describe and I also hit a wall after 4 weeks. It lasted about three weeks and now I am on the downward move on the scale again. It is normal. I am still working through the shaky and weak feelings. It doesn't happen as often as it did (I am at 7 weeks post-op now) but I still get it. I just try to make sure that what I consume is mostly protein. I find if I am taking in more protein I feel less weak and shaky.