Got batwings? Me-Moi compression sleeves review + pics

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/8/14 10:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

So a lot of folks have loose arm skin, and it can be awkward to wear short sleeves if you're self-conscious. I've seen different things like "sleevey wonders" and "sleeve magic" and decided to try out a pair! I ordered the "Me-Moi" compression sleeves from Amazon, they were $15 with free shipping (Prime) and free returns. 

The fabric is a black spandex knit with a fine rib pattern. It's the same material as you get for a shaper cami or bodysuit. Not shiny at all!

The shaper itself is basically a bolero-- two sleeves with a strip of fabric that goes across your back. The armpits are open, and the back stops about 2" above the top edge of my bra band. The sleeves are quite long; I have short arms, and the sleeves went about an inch past my wrist bones. After a bit of adjustment, the length turned out just fine.

The compression is good without being pinchy, even around the arm holes. It basically feels like wearing a shaping cami with long sleeves. My "wings" aren't too bad (hooray for youth?) but they kept everything in about like a pair of control-top tights do to your middle.

Downside: because the armpits are open, you can't wear it under a sleeveless top without looking like a dork.

Good news: since it looks like a regular long-sleeve shirt, I have no problem putting it under the knit tops I buy from Old Navy and it looks just fine with jeans. Plus they keep my arms warm, and they're more office-appropriate than my favorite Star Trek: TNG hoodie!

Verdict: two thumbs (arms?) up! I'm not super self-conscious about my arms but these are great under short sleeves and thin tops. And for $15 they've totally earned a place in my closet! I would absolutely recommmend them to someone who needs to clip her wings, in a manner of speaking ;)

(For reference: 5'5", 166lb, 36C; the sleeves are a size medium and fit just right.)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

BooBooKitKat
on 9/8/14 11:03 am
VSG on 08/21/14

WTG on your WL!

Thanks for sharing! I'll look into those!

iloveravens
on 9/8/14 12:54 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Thanks for posting this! Congrats, you look great. 

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

56sunShine14
on 9/9/14 3:39 am

Thanks for doing this!  I wondered about them but I have been flapping my wings for a few years now.  I gave up worrying about it but have wondered how these things were.  It's nice that you shared the info with the pics.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

C H
on 9/9/14 5:09 am

The model in the pic didn't need any shaping at all jk, this is great as I like the layered look! thanks for sharing!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/9/14 7:01 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Thanks friend.  I am going to check these out and compare them to my Sleevey Wonders (which I LOVE) -- it's certainly a lot cheaper option!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

AppleSpice251
on 9/10/14 8:09 am

This is pretty cool and so are you.  Thanks for posting this!

stormymunday
on 9/13/14 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info!