Why Can't I Stop Eating?

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/14 9:15 am, edited 9/8/14 9:16 am

I am so glad someone understands!

First off: Today I met with my psychotherapist after his 3 week leave of absence, and we reviewed what we had been working on before, and I also told him about this very situation right here. I told him why I get anxious about my millions of doctors appointments because I know I'll have to tell them what I've been eating and how much. He gave me a worksheet to work on during our sessions that helps me describe my behaviors, emotions, situations, thoughts, etc. He told me that it sounds like we need to work on cognitive behavioral therapy. He really helps me take a load off my shoulders and get the weighing-down thoughts out of my mind.

I have heard a lot of great things about Overeaters Anonymous, and I have looked into it before. I think I may have a little anxiety about going to a meeting in person. Who knows, maybe I'll really enjoy it! I was able to go to WW's meetings, and they didn't even make people talk if they didn't want to. I was mostly happy just sitting comfortably and listening. WW's was a good start, but I just need to finish what I started. 

Most Active