Insurance pays for vitamins

MegZorar
on 9/7/14 2:52 am

Does anyone get their bariatric vitamins covered by insurance? If yes, which supplements? And which insurer? Thx

jenn1469
on 9/7/14 2:57 am

I get all paid for I have medicare

Jennifer

White Dove
on 9/7/14 6:05 am - Warren, OH

What Medicare supplement do you have?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

poet_kelly
on 9/7/14 6:39 am - OH

Really?  Do you have Medicare Part D or a Medicare Advantage plan?  I have Medicare and my plan doesn't even cover my B12 shots.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 9/7/14 6:40 am - OH

Most insurance policies don't cover over the counter stuff.  If you use the prescription vitamin D (which is D2 and not absorbed well), they might cover that.  If you use a prescription iron, they might cover that.   Some cover the B12 nasal spray (Nascobal) or B12 shots.  But most vitamins are not prescription items.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jenn1469
on 9/7/14 7:20 am

Medicare Part a and b plan I have straight medicare 

Jennifer

poet_kelly
on 9/7/14 9:01 am - OH

Part A pays for hospitalization and Part B is for outpatient medical stuff.  Which of those is paying for your vitamins?

Part D pays for prescription drugs, so it seems like that would be most likely to pay for vitamins. 

What vitamins are being covered for you by  Medicare?  And is it being covered by Part B?

Valerie G.
on 9/7/14 7:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's all out of pocket for me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jenn1469
on 9/7/14 9:12 am

Mot sure when I get home I'll check

Jennifer

poet_kelly
on 9/7/14 9:16 am - OH

Thanks, I'd love to know.  It would be great if I could get mine covered - but like I said, my Part D plan won't even cover my B12 shots.  They used to cover the B12 but not the syringes, but now they don't even cover that B12.