Protein bar

Donna K.
on 9/5/14 2:38 am - ME

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a good protein bar. I like Think Thin and Atkins but remember years ago getting protein wafer bars but can't find them. What are some favorites?

Peace & Love, Donna K.
Bette B.
on 9/5/14 3:33 am

I'm not fond of Atkins, but like some of the Think Thin, as well as Kind, the new Kind "strong" bars and many others. I've liked most that I've tried (of course, there are flavors that I like better than others) but I don't like anything that Power Bar makes.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Tracy D.
on 9/5/14 3:45 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Quest bars are a popular choice because of the high amount of protein in them...but they also come with high carbs.   I was recently introduced to PowerCrunch bars that have less protein but a LOT less carbs too.  They are more like a wafer cookie with coating on it.  

Bottom line for me:  protein bars tend to be just another "candy bar" to my brain and mouth.  So I have to be really, really careful with them.  They can trigger me to want another...and another...and another.  If that's your reality then you'll need to steer clear of them too.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Luvmygs
on 9/5/14 4:04 am
VSG on 12/04/14

My WLS support group turned me on to Quest Bars. They are wonderful. Come in 10 different flavors from double chocolate brownie, cheese cake, lemon, creamy peanut butter, vanilla almond crunch (my favorite) and others. Calories: 190, Sugar 1-2 grams, Protein 20 grams. The Carbs is 21 grams but you subtract the Fiber which is 17-18 grams = 3-4 grams of Carbs. I eat 1/2 bar in the am and 1/2 bar in the afternoon. Good stuff.

Luvmygs
on 9/5/14 4:09 am
VSG on 12/04/14
MickeyDee
on 9/5/14 8:07 am

I like the Oh, Yeah! bars;  high protein, not too bad in flavor, but a lot of sugar alcohols.

Everyone is different--one person's good can be another person's toxic waste.

And yes, definitely  watch out for the "candy bar" effect.

Eggface
on 9/5/14 9:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I like Quest (about 1/2-1/3 at a sitting, dense, some are better nuked 10 seconds, Cookies & Cream current fav)

The wafer one you may be referring to are Power Crunch here's what they look like: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/246642517067790837/

I make my own oatmeal cookie/protein bar type thing about 20 minutes from start to finish. Smear it with Almond Butter when I have to jet in the AM. It's adaptable so you can throw as many scoops of protein in as you'd like within reason (I do 2 but it would take up to 4.)

Celebrate Vitamins has a new bar too (has added Calcium & D3)  

I love those Premiere Crisps but summer in SoCal and chocolate coating = messy

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

kathkeb
on 9/5/14 10:16 am

Power Crunch are like wafer cookies.

I get them at Trader Joes

Kath

Michele H.
on 9/5/14 11:12 am - NJ

Think Thin bars have sugar alcohols that can cause gastro intestinal issues.  Premier Protein makes some good bars, 30 grams of protien, reasonably priced.  Quest bars have the highest fiber and are pricey.  I do like them though.

Michele

jenn1469
on 9/5/14 11:53 am

My wls doctor told me not to eat them there like candy bars.

Jennifer