Rushing

magoo1017
on 9/5/14 1:22 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I think it's a long time too, but geez what do I know. I know I'm struggling with it and idc what anyone says protein shakes are nasty and not everyone is the same. But damn me for still trying. I will definitely take your advice and once I'm able to I will definitely look into those options. Thank you for your advice and reply!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/6/14 2:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Your stomach has been sliced and stapled. That's major surgery and it takes time to heal... A long time. Your surgeon knows this because Everybody needs recovery time, nobody is a special super speed healer, and "real food" early on risks busting a staple line or worse. So if you don't like the above, you're welcome to tempt major complications. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NYMom222
on 9/6/14 2:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

So agree with the nasty- I have thrown out quite a few full canisters of nastiness  . Another one I forgot to mention that is pretty good (for a protein shake anyway) is Chike Coffee.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

jenn1469
on 9/5/14 1:14 pm

You no being over weight I feel I have been judge ed enough but on here you get your judge mental people.  Most the time they mean well its just how they say it can hurt you. It takes a lot to bother me so I'm OK with how some have stronger personally. I think they do mean well.

Jennifer

magoo1017
on 9/5/14 1:19 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I am emotionally not in the best of places right now, and I know this isn't a "judgement free zone" obviously. But I don't appreciate rudeness. Especially when all I'm doing is seeking guidance and maybe a little support. It's a,shame I have to feel like I gotta walk on eggshells when posting stuff. Thanks for your reply. Ill try to stop taking it to heart.

VSG on 06/12/13
On September 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, magoo1017 wrote:

I am emotionally not in the best of places right now, and I know this isn't a "judgement free zone" obviously. But I don't appreciate rudeness. Especially when all I'm doing is seeking guidance and maybe a little support. It's a,shame I have to feel like I gotta walk on eggshells when posting stuff. Thanks for your reply. Ill try to stop taking it to heart.

Most manufacturers have a way to buy samples at a lot lower cost than big tubs. I know that Syntrax offers samples so you can hopefully find something you can tolerate for a little while longer. Consider also the Chicken Soup flavor through Unjury if you haven't already.

The others are right, you have got to follow plan. I was on liquids for a month - 4 full weeks - while it seemed like everyone else got to advance their diet and were eating chicken and steaks by week 2 (ok so I am exaggerating but it felt that way). Once I understood why my doc required it, it helped me to settle down. My other recommendation is to consider engaging with a therapist to help you over your admitted rough spot. My therapist has done wonders for me throughout the process.

Good luck,

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

magoo1017
on 9/5/14 2:28 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I am already seeing someone. And again I am,still choking down as much of the shake as I can tolerate at a time until I am,able to try something different. I am just simply struggling. Thank you.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/5/14 1:56 pm, edited 9/6/14 1:46 am
RNY on 12/31/13

You don't get judgmental people here, you get people who have had long term success who want to help you avoid failing.

Truthfully, right now the OP is failing.  The surgeons plan is there for a reason -- and she is risking causing herself damage by advancing to early without consulting her surgeon.  Real support isn't telling her, "aww that's ok."  It saying, "look, we all get that it's hard BUT WE'VE ALL MANAGED TO DO IT" -- it's two weeks.  

Notice that all the "rude" posters ARE LONG TERM SUCCESSES.  They aren't rude. -- they're honest and giving REAL support so that the OP isn't posting six months later about how her "WLS failed" when it's really that she did.  She isn't some special case -- we all have had to follow plan.  

There are four choices: call the doctor to see if the plan can be altered, drink the crappy shakes and just get through, try samples and find a more tolerable one or disregard her plan and risk hurting herself and failing long term. That isn't rude or mean.  It's truth. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

poet_kelly
on 9/5/14 2:02 pm - OH

Like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/5/14 10:50 pm - OH

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.