Gastric Bybass experiences please!

God_Rocks
on 9/2/14 8:24 am

What should I expect?  I'm hoping to have gastric bypass surgery and would love to hear others experiences who have had it.  Would love to hear your story. 

Thank you!

Member Services
on 9/2/14 11:27 am - Irvine, CA

Hi,

Post this on the RNY forum.  You will be asking those that had the gastric bypass.

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Eggface
on 9/2/14 8:55 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best gift I ever gave myself. You are welcome to read my blog (8+ years of my story) but yeah best decision I ever made. No regrets.

Best wishes in your research.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

jastypes
on 9/2/14 10:34 pm - Croydon, PA

I asked that same question to my surgeon before surgery.  Her response was, "You can expect to be the happiest you've ever been."  Honestly?  Even with all the ups and downs of this incredibly journey, she was absolutely right.  Today, I am happier (and healthier) than I was in my 20s, 30s and 40s!  I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

shygirlxoxo
on 9/4/14 12:52 am - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

I agree with all of the posters above.  My life has changed in so many incredible ways.  I went from 401lbs on food stamps, unable to go grocery shopping and barely take care of my daughter (my weight gain was caused by a pituitary tumor) to 220 (just started losing again at almost 2 years out and down 12lbs).  I'm working 3 jobs because I love staying busy.  All of them are exactly what I've always wanted to do! The actual surgery was nothing for me.  I literally would chose that over having a root canal!  I went in on a Tuesday and went home the next afternoon.  Layer around for a day being lazy and then went to home Depot (was allowed to drive when off of pain medication which I didn't need anymore) and got a Christmas tree came home and decorated :) Some people have lifting restrictions but I didn't.  I've had zero problems as long as I take my vitamins, stay away from bad carbs most of the time, and don't drink with meals. It's been the best thing I've done. 

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

God_Rocks
on 9/14/14 8:41 am

Thank you all for your stories.  I have my consultation day coming up and making a list of questions.  Does anyone have questions you think I should ask before going forward....things I may not be thinking about right now?  I appreciate your time.  Thank you

God_Rocks
on 9/14/14 8:43 am

Oh Yeah....one more thing.......Im concerned about excess skin..... ahhhh?  Thanks