Charlotte, NC - So many doctor choices

rhon1017
on 9/1/14 10:12 pm - Gastonia, NC

Any recommendations for a surgeon in Charlotte, NC.  My fiancé has surgery in February when he still lived in Wilmington or I would go to his doctor.  But we now live in the Charlotte area and have no clue which doctor to choose for myself.

Can anyone help?

VSG on 04-08-15, Weight Day of Surgery 219, M1-15 lbs, M2-17 lbs, M3-10 lbs; M4-6

SouthernSass
on 9/2/14 3:26 am

I can't help you with Charlotte, but if you are willing to travel to Greensboro, Burlington or Raleigh, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Paul Enochs. He has done WLS for 5 people I know and will be doing mine this Friday. (YAY!). Check out their website at surgerync.com

KatChat
on 9/2/14 10:59 am

Wishing you the best on Friday, SouthernSass!  

I am 3 weeks out, tomorrow, with Dr. Enochs.  I couldn't agree with you more.  I have the utmost respect for him and his team.  He was my only choice after much research and interviewing several surgeons.   I felt so strongly about his experience, credentials, and professionalism that I went out of network to have him do my surgery.  Even so, I whole heartedly agree with MsBatt.  It is really important to do the research to have a good understanding of which WLS procedure will work best for you and then research the best surgeon available.  You should consider traveling within reason for your best options.  We are very fortunate here in the Triangle to have some really great medical resources.  I am very fortunate to have Dr. Enochs in my immediate vacinity!  KP

MsBatt
on 9/2/14 3:27 am

Have you researched in-depth all for forms of WLS (LapBand, VSG/Sleeve, RNY/gastric bypass, and DS/duodenal switch.) Have you chosen which procedure you want? That's really the first step. Then, you need to choose your surgeon based on his experience in doing the type of WLS YOU want.

Sammy D.
on 9/2/14 12:00 pm - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Dr T Ryan Heider is awesome at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman (in Mooresville, just up the road from Charlotte). He has great self pay rates if you have insurance problems too. http://www.lnrmcsurgicalweightloss.com/

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38