Frustrated.. A little

Deana_
on 8/28/14 3:35 am

I have been busy everyday for the last two months running around on my days off going to dietician and psychologist and surgeon visits.. Driving over an hour to get sleep study equipment just to bring it back the next day. I have insurance and each of these apts has been 50 dollars plus the 280 surgeon fee. I am broke. I am so frustrated! 

Anyway, my fear is that my BMI is a 40.6. They told me I can't lose a pound on this 90 day supervised diet if you can even call it that. I am used to monitoring my diet and have gained 3 pounds in fear I would lose and go below 40. Do you think Cigna will deny me?

I was told they can't deny you unless you are below a 40 BMI. I have no co morbeties or whatever you call them.

im at the surgeons office today and I will ask but.. This is some process wow! 

ladygodiva1228
on 8/28/14 5:42 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I am going to be blunt and direct Cigna sucks and they will look for anything to deny a person the surgery. 

I have Cigna and am at the point where I will be contacting a lawyer due to their bull****  Since January I have jumped through every dam hoop they wanted and after all was said and done they deny me my lap band to bypass revision.  They said that because I don't have a slipped or eroded band that I do not qualify for a revision.  To them the 24/7 pain on my left side where my port is, vomiting several times a week regardless of what I eat, and 24/7 heartburn  even with a prescription PPI is not a reason for me to even have my band out. 

So I say good luck to you, maybe your experiance will be different because it is not a revision and a first time WLS. 

Oh and wait till you get bills that they decide not to pay my total is at $4159 and still climbing.   Even though I have the approval letters from Cigna stating yes the procedure is covered.  They suck big time.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 8/28/14 11:40 am - Warren, OH

Don't gain any more weight, but don't lose any.  They can deny you if you are under 40.0 BMI and therefore do not meet their minimum requirements

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends