Looking for a plastic surgeon in the Baltimore, MD area....

A_new_beginning
on 8/27/14 6:29 am - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

Just came home from my one year visit to the Bariatric doctor.  He and his nurse practitioner said that I'm doing terrific!  

Because I have a lot of celluloid scarring from the open surgery and because it itches and irritates me, they have suggested that I shop around for a good plastic surgeon who can inject my skin with something to help soften the celluloid tissue.  I am also experiencing irritation from the sagging skin on skin, and they suggested finding someone who is known for her/his expertise in the area of body sculpting.  

Now, I know this is a touchy subject for some but I'm not looking for negative input here.  I'm not even sure if I could afford to have such a thing done; but if I could, it would make me feel more comfortable in my own skin, not to mention the boost of self-esteem.  I'm tired of having to wear either baggy clothes to hide or girdle to  hold all the flab tightly together.  And yes, I am exercising.  I've lost well over 100 lbs altogether as I lost 40 lbs prior to surgery and the rest afterward.  

Anyway, can anybody recommend a good plastic surgeon who's reputation is well-known in a positive way? 

Thanks! :)

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!

Chilipepper
on 8/27/14 6:41 am

Why would that be a touchy subject?  I used to live in Baltimore but I don't have any recommendations. I applaud the hard work you put in!!-

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

A_new_beginning
on 8/27/14 7:31 am - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

Thank you, Chilipepper!   

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!