whey isolate protein powder

fjesus
on 8/25/14 7:59 am - phila, PA

hello everyone I will be having Rny surgery September 16 but started my liquid diet today I am buying sugar free items little by little but I am so confused with all the protein powder Iwwent to walmart but didn't know which one to pick I went to Gnc the guy looked at me like I was from outer space I so hate telling them my story that I need it for the gastric bypass surgery he said ask your doctor which one and come back I had a bad experience with them I am starting to feel discouraged 

Gwen M.
on 8/25/14 8:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My favorites are double rich chocolate or peanut butter cookie.  The first is available at GNC, as far as I know.  I mix them in Blender Bottles with unsweetened almond milk.  YUM.  

I look for a powder that's very low in carbs and has 25-30 grams of protein in an 8 ounce serving.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

basilmk
on 8/25/14 10:48 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

First of all check with your doctor as many require whey protein powders.  Also, what tastes good now may not be good after surgery.

Many of the companies offer single portion packets that are great to try before buying a giant jar of a flavor.

My GNC guy asked me if I was "pumping iron" and I just said yes and laughed. As if a 279 lb woman was lifting iron. Ha! That was clearly not muscle.

Some brands I like are Unjury and Syntax Nectar.

Go to the top of the page, find the little magnifying glass and do a search for protein powders. One lady actually tAsted and reviewed 74 different products.

Its very confusing at first but, in time, you will find what works best for you.

Congratulations on your surgery.

marty

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Nicki L.
on 8/25/14 2:37 pm - Auburn, ME

Hi , My favorites are Synthrax Nectar Latte Cappuccino

Syntrax Sweets Strawberry Mousse (taste not texture)

Syntrax Sweets Vanilla Torte

They have several juice and fruit drinks that are good. http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html

you can pick which ones you would like to try.

Chike also makes very good Iced high protein coffee. some of their other flavors are also good. http://chikenutrition.com/chike-variety-pack.html

Nicki   

fjesus
on 9/26/14 4:21 am - phila, PA

Thank you so much I appreciate it I am trying to gather information and recipes sites since I have no ideas for food choices 

Eggface
on 8/25/14 9:07 pm, edited 8/25/14 9:08 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery! I wouldn't buy too much... in fact you might want to just get some sample/travel size packets for now. What you tolerate pre-op might not be the same post-op so don't spend too much on tubs yet. If you are in a support group maybe get together with a couple of others and split some tubs. 

Aim for a whey isolate protein 20-25g, low sugar, low carbs you want a nice protein bang for your calorie buck ;) I love Celebrate Vitamins ENS for early on protein, calcium and fiber (helps you umm go)  Vanilla Cake Batter, Chocolate Milk in milk or mixed in Greek Yogurt when you can have that. 

Hope your recovery is speedy! Having WLS was the best gift I ever gave myself. Hope you will soon be saying the same.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

fjesus
on 9/26/14 4:25 am - phila, PA

thanks Shelly I am following your page and love it ,it has given me good ideas. Thank you so much for helping others posting your jouney and ll the recipes. 

jefferytmc
on 8/26/14 2:48 am

My taste definitely changed post op, I cannot stand the shakes anymore.  I pretty much only drink the Isopure pre-mixed protein drinks (like Gatorade).  My GNC guy was very familiar, in fact, when I told him what I wanted and was very specific, he looked at me and my wife and said "I mean no offence, but is this for someone for WLS, just the unique items you are asking about (whey isolate, chewable calcium, etc).  Then he was a great help to us.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)