old timer checking in!

rhiardrouillard
on 8/25/14 2:42 am - Camano Island, WA

I haven't been here in years. I started out here in 2001 hoping to have surgery. I am now 12 years post op. I got down to a comfortable size 6 for a while but I am in an 8 or 10 now I think. I'd be dead now without surgery. I have photos up. Anyone here from that far back?

Bette B.
on 8/25/14 6:28 am

Not quite that far back, but I'll be 11 years out in December.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

rhiardrouillard
on 8/25/14 8:38 am - Camano Island, WA

I'm not sure exactly how much I've lost because I quit playing a long time ago. I usually put on a few pounds in the winter and work it off in the summer.

Member Services
on 8/25/14 7:13 am - Irvine, CA

Nic M
on 8/25/14 9:12 am

I was here back in 2001, too. I had lap band in 2003 and had it removed in 2005 when it nearly killed me. I still am dealing with the after-effects of that dang thing this many years later. 

I'm glad you're doing well! 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

rhiardrouillard
on 8/25/14 9:14 am - Camano Island, WA

My friend had the same thing happen to him. He almost died. I had gastric bypass and I'm doing well. I am having trouble with dumping though.

Price S.
on 8/26/14 12:53 am - Mills River, NC

I'm 4 years out this 9-9-14.  I hang out all the time on the Lightweight Board and we welcome all surgery types, newbees and vets.  Come visit us.

I would have had much more trouble with the whole process if it weren't for the support at OH, mainly in the Lightweight Board.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

rhiardrouillard
on 8/26/14 12:58 am - Camano Island, WA

I will check out that group. I'm far from light weight now though. I need a motivational group. I need to get out and about more even if I'm alone.

Price S.
on 8/26/14 4:16 am - Mills River, NC

Come hang with us.  Lots of folks learning maintenance and dealing with bounce back and regain which is way to easy to happen.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Marsha F.
on 8/26/14 1:20 am - CA

How encouraging your post is! I am only 3 years out and am having trouble with weight gain. You're my hero!!