Disappointed in myself

chersuego
on 8/24/14 11:41 am

Hi everyone. Can I just get something off my chest? Thanks. I was suppose to have VSG on the 11th of August but I chickened out. Then I rescheduled for Sept. 8th. I quit smoking in December of last year but I started again in June. I am having the hardest time quitting again because it is great at calming me when I am stressed. After researching I have found that I need to quit at least 2 months before the surgery and so I am going to have to cancel again. I am so upset with myself right now. I really want to get rid of this weight but the anxiety of surgery is too much sometimes. Did anyone else go through this? How did you overcome your fears? 

kathkeb
on 8/24/14 12:03 pm

I just know that one day, my desire to have SLS was stronger than any fear or doubt could be.

My determination came up one me .... My desire to be more healthy and to get to a size where exercise and life in general were challenging but not painful and debilitating was the most important thing.

Nothing was going to stop me.

I had thought of WLS for 2 years prior to that day ... And one day, I was ready.

Fortunately, because I was self pay, my WLS was quickly scheduled and I was able to start my weight loss process right away.

I think you will know when you know ......

Kath

chersuego
on 8/24/14 12:44 pm

Thank you for that. Maybe I'll get to that point one day soon.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/14 10:00 am

I was a pack-a-day smoker for 6 years and I wasn't sure I even wanted to quit yet, but I wanted surgery more. My surgeon wouldn't schedule me until I quit. I quit on July 1, 2013 and had my surgery almost one year later. Best decision ever :)