Plateaued

bsteg2012
on 8/25/14 12:59 am

I'm at a plateau. Had surgery 2 years ago and have lost 65 pounds. My goal is 100 so I have a way to go but have been plateaued here for a few months. Anyone else had this issue?  How did you jump stArt again. 

MsBatt
on 8/25/14 5:27 am

Which form of WLS did you have? That makes a big difference. Do you journal your food? If not, start. Eat as you normally do for the next week, but write down every single bite that goes into your mouth. Look at what you average as far as grams of protein, fat, and carbs. For most of us, it's carbs creeping back in that get us. Try doing the induction phase of the Atkins diet for at least five days. It's very simple---eat a high-protein, moderate-fat diet, and keep your carbs below 20 a day. This puts your body into ketosis, meaning you're burning fat for energy.

And remember---if you've lost 65 pounds out of the 100 you started with, you've lost 65% of your excess weight. You're considered a WLS success if you lose 50% of your excess weight, so you're already a winner!

bsteg2012
on 8/25/14 11:22 am

Thanks for the boost!  Great idea to start journaling. My surgery was gastric bypass.  Been feeling great but now want to get to goal. I don't want any weight to creep back up on me. That's my greatest fear. Thanks again!

Kate -True Brit
on 8/25/14 5:33 am - UK

Can you tell us more - you don't give us enough info to help you

Which surgery? Starting weight? Your eating habits? 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,