Really? REALLY IS it about weight?

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 11:23 am

Isn't sex and desireability a huge issue  4 all of us?  You don't get a free pass cuz U think Ure OlD !!  Some oldsters make the BEST and most constant love :0  Maybe we CAN  learn from all our myriad mistakes...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/23/14 11:38 am - OH

Sure, almost everyone wants to be desirable, but, no, it is not a "huge" issue for all of us. 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 8/25/14 6:20 am
On August 23, 2014 at 6:23 PM Pacific Time, meeow2 wrote:

Isn't sex and desireability a huge issue  4 all of us?  You don't get a free pass cuz U think Ure OlD !!  Some oldsters make the BEST and most constant love :0  Maybe we CAN  learn from all our myriad mistakes...

No, sex and desirability isn't a 'huge issue' for all of us. Frankly, very few people are as obsessed with their looks as you are.

Wesley T.
on 8/23/14 11:59 am - Canada

I cannot wait to loose my weight. It is all about weight. I am getting Help for my Obesity. Hence Obesity Help. We all searched Weight in Google to get here.

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 12:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I didn't.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Wesley T.
on 8/23/14 2:37 pm - Canada

Thank you BTW for the Orientation message Karen. That was very kind, not a lot of people understand.

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 10:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

No need to thank me, Wes, but you're welcome. I do understand and I'm behind you 100%.

K. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 12:11 pm

Cool and Yes Wes !!  when we do lose that weight ... other thingz  come up .  Sorry to hijack Ur  happy weight loss story  ( U R bikini -worthy like all of us :) ) share pics ! 

Wesley T.
on 8/23/14 2:39 pm - Canada

Other things do come up. Thus is life. We learn and move on. I'm all for the positive :0)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/25/14 6:24 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I didn't have surgery to feel attractive. I was fine with my looks before my VSG, my husband thought (and thinks!) I'm the most beautiful woman ever. (Yeah, he's a total keeper.) I wanted to get off my blood pressure pills and CPAP, and I didn't want to have a stroke before I was 35.

I have all kinds of things to offer. Dumb jokes, doodles of dinosaurs riding bicycles, Spotify playlists of Awesomely Bad tunes to sing out loud when you're driving to the grocery store, way too much trivia about video games and comic books and other geekery. I like myself, I have not suffered in any particular fashion (especially for body-related hatred), and I like to help other people.

So what I share here is WLS-related, because people come to OH to talk about surgery and life afterwards. If somebody asks a question here about how to adjust the bobbin tension on a sewing machine when quilting with uber-fine silk/acrylic thread, then hey, I'm more than happy to offer my $0.02... but that doesn't happen too often. So when people "cry" (or rather, ask politely) for help with their WLS journey in a coherent way, then yeah, I offer what I can! :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!