Really? REALLY IS it about weight?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/23/14 11:35 am - OH

Ok... Either the pictures you posted of you in the bikini and the sphinx are not you OR you have a serious case of body dysmorphia OR the comment here about "I every day every hour HATE the disgusting fat squishy tire around my belly" is nonsense/BS.

IF you are suffering from mental lapses, it is entirely possible that you have a vitamin deficiency or are eating far too few carbs.  When was the last time you had a FULL set of labs run (and did you see the results yourself rather than just having the doctor tell you everything was ok)? Many people who maintain a very low carb diet for a long time experience problems with memory and general brain functioning.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 8/25/14 6:22 am

How old ARE you??? Chronologically, that is.

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 10:42 am

My reply  was DELETED?!!  REALLY ?  I know i may not be totally PC  but is it Ok to outageously and unwarrantedy CENSOR   me?   Please believe me I did NOT reurn here to pick this fight or ANY  fight ... but the censors ( I guess ) picked it FOR me .  Does the site really Pay them to run posters off  ?  

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 11:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

I don't see any posts that were deleted - your post is still there. Refresh your browser.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

SkinnyScientist
on 8/23/14 10:50 am

Are you trying to say that perhaps you felt invisible before WLS and now that you had WLS and successfully lost, you feel like a piece of meat?  Your accomplishments and gifts arent recognized at either end of the spectrum?

In that case, yes. I am with you.

On the other hand, I worked out and did gym stuff even when heavier. Despite exercise and "trying to watch my diet" my NP had a long talk to me about "having a stroke" and "drooling in my oatmeal" when I got around 50.

Now that I have lost the majority of my weight, I love the way I look in clothes. I love dressing up for me and my fiancee. It makes me feel womanly and,  to be honest, I did really feel womanly before.  

So liking the way i look in clothes is the "crown jewel"  in my weight loss crown. I am still the queen/ruler as long as I have that jewel-less crown.  But crown jewels in the crown ..just make that crown so much better.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 10:57 am, edited 8/23/14 10:57 am

Drooling in my oatmeal ?  Could this be sexism and agesim and not really REAL ?  I would be SO  grateful to just suffer a phantasm. but Im, terrified I might have early Alzenheimers .  

Maybe I just ate too much cheap garbage laden with accumulating pesticides  :0

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 11:04 am

As far as being a " piece of meat " goes I'e always been catnip 2 men ( and crazy wimmen ! ;0 ) For me , setting and trusting " boundaries "   is HUGE .  Noone cares how fat I am  ( they might even think they have a better chance of OWNING me fat) .. I CARE .  Its about independence for me and self worth 

Grim_Traveller
on 8/23/14 11:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On August 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM Pacific Time, meeow2 wrote:

Drooling in my oatmeal ?  Could this be sexism and agesim and not really REAL ?  I would be SO  grateful to just suffer a phantasm. but Im, terrified I might have early Alzenheimers .  

Accumulating pesticides will do that to you. That's why I never eat vegetables. Anything that grows in the ground will kill you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

MsBatt
on 8/25/14 6:17 am
On August 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM Pacific Time, meeow2 wrote:

Or maybe it's the wine...

Grim_Traveller
on 8/23/14 10:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This is a weight loss site? I thought it was a dating site.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.