Nervous about going back to work after 5 weeks post RNY

Tammymatters
on 8/23/14 10:37 pm
with

I had my RNY on July 17, 2014. The pounds are falling off, but I get dizzy often. I get 60-90 grams of protein every day. I drink my 64 ounces of water.

my concern is I spend the day on my feet. In front of people. With my dizzy spells, I'm nervous I'm going to fall over.

any advice would be appreciated. Actually, any stories about returning to work would be appreciated.

tom

poet_kelly
on 8/23/14 10:45 pm - OH

What does your doctor think is causing your dizziness?  Does she think you are ready to go back to work?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/23/14 11:27 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I teach in a university.  I also had dizziness issues.  I went back to work two weeks after surgery.  I explained that I sometimes had to move slowly and kept a stool nearby.  People were understanding.  I found that getting on my feet and returning back to work was actually very helpful.  Hopefully, your experience will be similar. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Valerie G.
on 8/23/14 11:53 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm impressed with your protein and fluids - well done!!!

The dizziness may be a result of low BP.  Try enjoying a little more salt to see if that makes a difference.  I'd spent my whole adult life going easy on salt because it was bad for us all.  Low sodium was causing blood pressure drops and making me dizzy.  I started enjoying salt and the problems went away.  It's an easy experiment to try.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes