Having bad emotional problems.

Eggface
on 8/24/14 4:13 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:( I remember having the same feelings... WTH did I do, did it have to come to this, how will I live like this forever... and it was hard to complain to people because... well I had fought for it for so long. It doesn't seem like it now (and I probably wouldn't have believed someone had they said this to me then but) IT WILL GET BETTER and soon you will wonder how you lived any other way... and the large majority of us when asked at the 4 month point... would do it all again if we had too. So hold on. Better, brighter, awesome days are ahead.

Here are a few things that worked for me: Hhttp://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html Hopefully a few that you can tolerate. Aim for better each day but don't stress... you will get there.

Fresh air and walking helps too... clears the head. ~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

duckiekait
on 8/24/14 7:13 am

Thanks!

Luvmygs
on 8/24/14 4:15 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You need to check out eggface web site. She has tons of different ideas for different stages. She has awesome recipes for protein ice cream. Have you tried Isopure drinks, tons of protein and comes in wonderful flavors. Hang in there, your stomach is still in the healing process. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

Hislady
on 8/24/14 5:10 am - Vancouver, WA

The others have well covered your food situation so remember that as you lose weight (especially when it is fast) your hormones run crazy so you have emotional highs and lows. About all you can do is ride thru them and it will get better. If you can get some food down it will help some too. I think everyone gets buyers remorse right after surgery it's all part of the program. Hang in there!

I did like Kate and used soups watered down. I just pureed chunky soup and then watered it down. It was creamy, soft and warm, just tasted so good.

White Dove
on 8/24/14 7:12 am - Warren, OH

I bought a Magic Bullet to do the pureeing and after one time, I could not tolerate the texture either.  I used the ricotta cheese with tomato sauce, refried beans, split green pea soup cooked until it was at a puree stage, tomato soup, chili made with ground turkey, and tuna with lots and lots of mayo.  I figure I will have to eat puree when they serve it to me in the nursing home, but not while I have anything to say about.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

duckiekait
on 8/24/14 7:15 am

We have something similar to the magic bullet. That may be it. I may have to break out the food processor. 

valerina9
on 8/25/14 12:48 am

Oh Duckie - (hope it's ok that I address you this way)...but I SO feel from you.  I had the BPDS in May 2006...wow - feels weird to type that...I haven't been on OH for sometime...all is good and when I saw your post I just HAD to reach out b/c I felt EXACTLY the same way.  I was SO pissed off - I felt like I had been duped but having the surgery...and angry that I had to "obsess" about what I eat still b/c it's NOT what I had signed up for having had to be obsessed with what I put in my mouth for my entire life....I didn't want to have to focus on it and I THOUGHT that having the DS - I wouldn't have to.  NOT THE CASE.  and I was really angry about it....  My recommendation to help you get thru it is see if your hospital has post surgery - 1 yr or less - support group.  I know that it's not the "ideal" situation and less private but frankly, it's a great forum to ***** about things AND get some suggestions on how to get thru the tough times with those who are a little ahead of you....  AND as far as your protein intake - go to GNC and try ISOPURE protein - FRUIT PUNCH.  It HAS to be really really cold - it's easy to drink and it's FULL of protein...it's like eating 8 eggs or something....an entire bottle is I belive 32 grams of protein...but don't quote me....look it up.   Pour it over ice and grab a straw and suck it down.   let me know how it goes...and if you have any other questions - please don't hesitate to email separately if you like.  [email protected]

peggyann5
on 8/26/14 8:48 am
Just another idea, as far as the Isopure FRUIT PUNCH I have tried that during other weight Loss attempts and it was pretty good and I found also that getting it very cold helped and I also added 1 pack of Splenda and that really helped the taste. Just thought I would share that.

dragonlove
on 8/25/14 8:18 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Some people have mentioned their love of spicy food.... add some spicy seasonings to your pureed meets and such and see if that boosts the flavor for you.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)