5 Days Liquid Diet - Optifast - Need Suggestions

Bonbon62
on 8/23/14 8:20 am - Canada

I am due to have my surgery on September 02.  I started my 2 week liquid optifast diet on Tuesday. 

Can anyone help me.... I can hardly stomach the opitfast and its a task to drink.  I cannot even stomach the spell of the vanilla. The chocolate I have added more cocoa...

Has anyone used a different protein shake for the two week pre opt. 

mellabella115
on 8/23/14 8:52 am - North York, Canada

I heard some people try sugar free syrups im going to look into it myself

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 9:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi! Check out the recipe forum in my signature - there is a whole thread there called "Surviving Optifast" with tons of suggestions.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

poet_kelly
on 8/23/14 9:28 am - OH

Lots of people use other protein shakes.  I used Atkins for my pre op diet.  I think there are better choices than Optifast, actually.  Things like Syntrax Nectar and Unjury are lower in calories, have no sugar, and are higher in protein.  I think they are both better choices than Atkins, too, for that matter, but Atkins was available at my grocery store and my surgeon said it was OK so that's what I used.  Post op, I switched to Syntrax Nectar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 9:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kelly, depending on where she is located in Canada (especially Ontario) Optifast is what is required pre-op. The end, drink up.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 8/23/14 11:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I used instant coffee  in the chocolate. Made it bearable

Bonbon62
on 8/31/14 4:23 am - Canada

Hi all, I survived the optifast, one more day to go, with my surgery on the 02 in Montreal.  Yeepeee....