Newbie:)

miraclemom03
on 8/20/14 2:15 am

Hi Everyone! I am a newbie also, I have my 1st consultation on Sept. 23rd. I am also excited to start this journey!!! I have my psych eval scheduled for Sept 8th, and I have all my paper work completed except waiting for my PCP to fax over the last 5 progress notes. I am leaning towards either the sleeve or RNY but im thinking my insurance says the sleeve is a exclusion (still checking on that). Im also anxious and nervous and cant wait to get the ball rolling! ive been researching it as well looking up videos etc. Little background on myself, I am 35, I have 2 kids and 1 angel baby my oldest is 14 and my youngest is 2 and my angel baby was the middle child he would have been 11 this year in Sept. I am excited to meet new friends on here that are going thru the same thing I am :)

sammielee33
on 8/20/14 7:45 am

Hello To all of you,

I am also going to get the sleeve and I am going to my PCP for my 5th monthly weigh in and have one more and I can't believe it is almost here. I just wish I had people to talk to because I really don't have the support I need from my husband and family. I keep telling them that I either get this surgery or a shunt in my head because I have a lot of pressure.

Sammie

Watson
on 8/23/14 5:25 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hello Amber,

Welcome to OH. Doing research before making a decision on which weight loss surgery you want and also get some info from your doctor too and make a decision on you medical history that will help you out which weight loss surgery will be good for you. That's what I did and it's a good thing too (long story). I've been overweight most of my life and needed to do something about it. I had the VSG surgery back in June of 2010 and doing great. I did sent you a friend request. Once again, welcome to OH.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

cari324
on 8/23/14 7:20 am

Hi everyone :). I am also working on getting wls. I can't wait!! I'm in month two of my six month pre approval process. I've had blood work, breathing tests, ekg, and endoscopy done so far. I have my second apt with the Dr on thursday. After I had the endoscopy done the Dr informed me that I have a hiatal hernia. He told me he can fix it when I have surgery. I am planning on getting the sleeve. My dr and I discussed which procedure would be best and this is the one we both agreed on. I have all but two apts scheduled for the remaining months. I am very hopeful all goes well and I will be approved by the first of the year. I'm so excited and I'm happy to meet all of u. I stumbled on this site while researching and so far I love this site!!